- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 36172
Position Number: 20019263
Posting End Date: December 10, 2019
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: 496 Hargrave
Department/Unit: HomeCare/MentalHealth Specialized Progs
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.25
Annual Base Hours: 1885
Salary: $32.489, $33.597, $34.843, $36.099, $37.433, $38.814, $40.320, $41.904, $43.521, $44.812
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Position Overview Health Coordination (HCP) is a Centralized Home Care program team offering innovative and creative intensive case management for clients with significant complex home care needs. Health Coordination helps facilitate patient flow and transition as well as assisting Community Home Care teams with complex case management. Health Coordination case-manages Home Care Special Contract clients to ensure the delivery of services adheres the guidelines of that program and to ensure clients are provided the best quality of life with dignity.
Health Coordinators provide guidance and direction to Integrated Service Workers and Resource Coordinators, with direction from the team manager as appropriate. Health Coordinators possess unique skills in the assessment and resolution of high risk complex matters and are required to provide comprehensive assessments with thorough documentation to ensure services are in accordance to the WRHA strategy of right care, right time, right place.
Health Coordinators maintain regular ongoing contact with their clients to adjust the care plans and to ensure services are in accordance to guidelines that focus on client-centered solutions and the program works closely alongside Community Home Care, and partners with Hospital-based Home Care, Primary Care and Community Mental Health to focus on the development external resources that enhance independence, and breaks down silos of care. Health Coordinators are leaders in offering quality care and support that is accessible, timely and transitional.
- Four years of recent and relevant experience and demonstrated competency in Community Home Care, Community Mental Health or Primary care is required.
- Experience as a Case Coordinator in Community Health Services or experience as a Community Mental Health worker is considered an asset.
- Experience in completion of in home or in hospital client functional assessments.
- Thorough understanding of recovery and rehabilitation practice, principles and philosophy.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills, and or mediation experience with complex client situations.
- Recent and relevant continuing professional education in relevant/related clinical area preferred.
- BSW, BSc MH, BSc, BN, OT, PT, RPN, RN, SLP, RD. or related health/human service degree required.
- Valid driver's license and a vehicle.
- Licensure/registration as per profession designation required.
- If successful applicant is a Registered Dietitian, must be a graduate of a recognized dietetic internship program accredited by Dietitians of Canada.
Qualifications and Skills
- Computer based knowledge and experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including conflict resolution and mediation.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in an inter-professional team.
- Excellent professional judgment, critical thinking, clinical reasoning and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, remain organized, take initiative and work under pressure with strict timelines and in high-risk complex care situations
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated risk-management and crisis management experience.
- Knowledge of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
- Knowledge of The Personal Health Information Act (PHIA).
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/visitors/staff.
- Available to work days and weekends. May be required to work evenings.
- May be required to work in other Community Areas and across all areas in the Winnipeg region.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
- trades and professions