- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 36672
Position Number: 20073767
Posting End Date: December 10, 2019
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: 280 Booth Drive
Department/Unit: Home Care
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: MGEU-HC Support
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: Not applicable
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Salary: $19.371, $19.813, $20.254, $20.659, $21.075
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Position Overview The Home Care Program helps individuals remain in the familiar environment of their own home by providing health services or assistance with activities of daily living.
Performs assigned tasks for clients which may include personal care, ambulation, transfer, positioning, ensuring medication is taken as directed, feeding and toileting as well as housekeeping, laundry, client nutritional intake and client supervision as identified in Care Plan. Follows protocol for routine practice and maintaining a safe and sanitary environment. Organizes work according to client needs and assigned tasks. Maintains accountability by working with program guidelines, and observing and reporting changes in client conditions to the Resource Coordinator, and maintain client confidentiality. Complete and submits timesheets, mileage reports and other documentation as required.
- Recent experience working with the elderly and/or physically disabled an asset.
- Satisfactory employment record required.
- Requires a Health Care Aide/Home Care Attendant certificate from an educational institution recognized by the WRHA.
- Equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Valid driver s license and vehicle required in order to make home visits to various clients in the community.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a community setting and to function as a team member.
- Ability to travel between assignments in a community area to several private homes of clients within Winnipeg and surrounding areas and to adapt to changes in scheduling on short notice required.
- This position is also subject to TB Immunization or Tuberculin testing as per WRHA policy.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
- trades and professions