- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 36885
Position Number: 20030342
Posting End Date: December 10, 2019
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department/Unit: Housekeeping CAM 4
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75 hours
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $ 15.516, $ 15.982, $ 16.461, $ 16.955, $ 17.464, $ 17.988
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Position Overview Under the general direction of the Supervisor and following a written assignment, the incumbent is responsible for a variety of cleaning activities. Areas of assignment may include: patient care units, residences, cafeterias, offices, laboratories, locker room areas and corridors. Duties/responsibilities may also include keeping entrances free of litter, ice and snow, and assisting with flood cleanup and post construction cleanup.
Uses all equipment and products in accordance with Housekeeping procedures, and adheres to all safety and health regulations and safe work practices.
Reports to the Supervisor and/or Customer Representative all unsafe practices, maintenance repairs required to buildings or building systems, deficiencies in housekeeping project service, and changes in occupancy and utilization of assigned work areas which may require increased or decreased levels of Housekeeping services.
Ensures proper use and knowledge of all equipment and products in accordance with Housekeeping procedures.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Minimum Grade 10 education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Classroom and on-the-job training provided by Housekeeping.
Certification/Licensure/Registration Not Applicable
Qualifications and Skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Must be able to read and speak English effectively.
- Position involves walking, bending, stretching, and lifting/carrying/moving moderately heavy weights.
- Exposed to chemical substances, moisture, odour, noise, vibration, dust grime and interruptions.
- May be exposed to inadequate lighting, inadequate ventilation, radiation, infectious diseases, smoke, battery acid and temperature extremes.
- Usual safety procedures and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be taken to avoid work injury.
- Has contact with patients, visitors and staff.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- scientists and researchers