- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
My client is seeking to recruit a Human Resources (HR) Manager to join their growing Head Office team.
The chosen HR Manager will be expected to shape, lead and own the delivery of all HR practices for the company across all locations, including staff performance management, human resource planning, learning and development, salary and benefits management, employee relationships, employment law and policy development.
Specific responsibilities and duties of the HR Manager include:
- Input to strategic decisions, alongside the Senior Leadership team.
- Lead/Chair of any formal grievance, disciplinary or performance meetings.
- Create and manage HR budgets.
- Create and maintain all staff handbooks, employee agreements and benefits, and contractor contracts.
- Keep up to date with relevant legal changes and updating policies/procedures accordingly.
- Ensure that the company's HR records are properly maintained and controlled.
- Accountable for the effective development, delivery and continuous improvement of core HR processes including:
* Induction process.
* Probation process.
* Performance review process.
* Pay review process.
* Reward and recognition processes.
* Recruitment process.
* Starter/Leaver process.
- Create and deliver the company-wide learning and development plan, ensuring the skills and knowledge provided aligns to the business plans and objectives.
- Manage and negotiate the renewal of benefits providers.
- HR reporting. Pro-actively provide relevant HR reports, metrics and inputs to the CFO, the senior leadership team, and HR's primary internal customers.
- Coach line managers and leaders around the company about HR matters.
- Manage, lead and develop HR team.
- Pro-actively identify valuable opportunities to implement and improve HR processes and practices.
Essential requirements for the HR Manager:
- Significant HR generalist experience.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent.
- Demonstrable evidence of experience developing and launching new HR initiatives.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management.
- Experience of report writing on HR insights and metrics.
- Skills in innovation.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience working in the Tech industry.
- Working knowledge of contractor law or practices.
- human resources
About the company
Retail Detail is a retail recruitment, staffing and HR solutions agency based throughout Canada. The economy of the retail industry is growing as more young people desire to make their future careers within this field.
As new retail stores and companies are coming and growing, new recruits are needed and this is where we help through our services such as talent acquisition, outsourcing and training.