- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Niagara Falls
Requisition ID: 23747
Job Category: Engineering; New Graduate
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) group forms an integrated core that provides clients with outstanding project execution through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise. From concept to operation, we're committed to providing traditional services alongside proprietary technologies and innovative thinking to deliver custom, cost-effective solutions.
From studies, analysis, and design to construction supervision and monitoring, our DES group specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modelling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management.
Interested in being part of pursuing and developing new technologies, unlocking constraints, and bringing more value to our clients' operations? Join our team today!
Title: NG20 - Hydrotechnical EIT - Niagara Falls
The Hatch Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) group is seeking a new graduate Hydrotechnical Engineering EIT with interest in Hydrotechnical engineering. Reporting to the lead engineer you will support projects globally based out of our Niagara Falls, ON location. The Niagara Falls team is dedicated to the development and maintenance of Energy, Mining and Infrastructure projects with a major focus on dams and waterpower.
What Will a Career at Hatch Offer You:
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world in meaningful ways
- Work on problems and gain experience in the office and on project sites
- Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning on a daily basis
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry
- Join in local charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We're entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities.
- Assisting experienced engineers with technical analyses and designs related to Civil Engineering Hydraulics, Hydrology, and Water Resources Management and Planning.
- Data analysis and calculations and computer simulations using spreadsheets or discipline specific software packages.
- Field excursions may also be required
Education and Experience:
- Must be working towards graduating in 2020, or recently graduated, with a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering
- Potential to achieve professional engineer status
- Excel academically while being actively involved in extra-curricular and/or volunteer activities at school or in the community
- Preferred academic courses in Hydrotechnical Engineering
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Technical experience with programs such as AutoCAD, Microsoft® desktop software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- Knowledge or experience in GIS applications and data management will be considered an asset
- Willingness and ability to travel to project sites including remote sites
Competencies (knowledge, skill, attributes):
- Good understanding of engineering and business fundamentals as they apply to engineering problems and projects
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Shows critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients toughest challenges
- Adapts and embraces change
.*All applications must include transcripts (official or unofficial) to be considered for this position
For more information on our graduate recruiting process visit hatch.com/students.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.