- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 32708
Why you should join us:
Our Indigenous Student Program (formerly the Summer Aboriginal Student Program) is another way we are contributing to our company's social goal of “changing the way we think and act to increase the participation of Indigenous Peoples in energy development.” What started as a program with just eight roles in 2015 at our base plant operations in Fort McMurray, has now grown in size to over 80 positions across Canada!
In addition to providing you with significant and important work experiences to help enable you to determine where you want your career to go, while working side-by-side with some of the most talented people in the energy industry, you'll get a chance to connect with peers, members of our Indigenous employee network (Journeys), and mentors. And an added bonus? You may have the opportunity to become a permanent Suncor employee after you graduate!
We have multiple roles available in Calgary such as: Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Human Resources, Environmental Health and Safety, and Operations. Based on the program you're enrolled in and the requirements of the position, we will work to find the perfect opportunity for you.
We'd like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Post-secondary Indigenous students who are enrolled in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Sciences, or a technical program at an accredited post-secondary institution, and returning to Full time studies after the work term
- (Attach your transcripts with your application and indicate your work term availability)
- Alignment with our values
- Safety consciousness and the ability to understand, appreciate, and demonstrate safe work practices
- The proven ability to deliver accurate and repeatable results
- Strong communication, social skills, and you are able to contribute effectively in a team environment, but also to work well independently
- The ability to easily collaborate in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- The drive to continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, to understand not just what you do but why you do it, and make improvement recommendations
Where you'll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- This is a four-month work term, from May to the beginning of September 2020
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 - 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
Start your career at Canada s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else - do it safely, or don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values .
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we're doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don t delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Students & New Grads
- human resources