- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Port Moody
LOCATION: Port Moody, British Columbia (CA-BC)
JOB NUMBER: 32707
Why you should join us:
Our Indigenous Student Program (formerly the Summer Aboriginal Student Program) is another way we are contributing to our company's social goal of “changing the way we think and act to increase the participation of Indigenous Peoples in energy development.” What started as a program with just eight roles in 2015 at our base plant operations in Fort McMurray, has now grown in size to over 80 positions across Canada!
In addition to providing you with significant and important work experiences to help enable you to determine where you want your career to go, while working side-by-side with some of the most talented people in the energy industry, you'll get a chance to connect with peers, members of our Indigenous employee network (Journeys), and mentors. And an added bonus? You may have the opportunity to become a permanent Suncor employee after you graduate!
In this role, working at our Burrard terminal, you will be responsible for the safe and accurate testing and overall general housekeeping of the laboratory, under the mentorship of fully qualified personnel.
You will use your expertise to:
- Assist in performing accurate testing of fuels
- Enter data and test completing blends in the Lab Information Management System (LIMS)
- Follow and execute test methods
- Monitor and retain samples and lab supplies
- Learn how to perform work safely and responsibly in a lab environment
- Perform general laboratory housekeeping
We'd like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Post-secondary Indigenous student enrolled in Chemistry or another related science program and returning to Full time studies in the fall
- (Attach your transcripts with your application and indicate your work term availability)
- Alignment with our values
- Safety consciousness and the ability to understand, appreciate, and demonstrate safe work practices
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products
- A motivated, self-starter with an interest in learning about the oil and gas industry
- Flexibility and able to adapt to changes in priorities and plans
- Strong communication, social skills, and you are able to contribute effectively in a team
Where you'll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- This is a four-month work term, from May to September 2020
- You will work out of our Burrard Products terminal office located at 1155 Glenayre Drive, Port Moody, British Columbia
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
Start your career at Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else - do it safely, or don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values .
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we're doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Students & New Grads