- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- HALIFAX CA
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks an Informatica Technical Lead to join our team in Halifax, NS.
- Responsibility for delivery support and automation in such a way as to focus on contractual SLAs and internal SLOs; delivering high uptime for our customers.
- Execute operational and maintenance activities in 24x7 Cloud environment by following release runbooks on a large number of systems.
- Follow change management standards.
- Rapidly troubleshoot incidents: By leveraging service restorative actions. By understanding what causes most issues and the actions to mitigate those on your assigned technology stack. By understanding what actions will systematically eliminate the causes of common issues without doing more harm to currently impacted systems.
- Report problems and participate in related root cause analysis or incident Post Mortems.
- Install, setup, and configure third party tools for collecting and analyzing application performance and stability issues.
- Provide analysis of poor performance and instabilities identified in systems.
- Participate in post mortem meeting and discussion; providing and documenting details from the incident or problem.
- Provide technical detail and assist with documenting agreed upon root cause.
- Provide technical detail and assist with documenting agreed upon preventative measures.
- Provide technical detail for diagnosing and fixing known bugs and problems. Assist with creating run books, automation or other process improvements to address future occurrences of issue and for automating common tasks; clearly document the steps to execute and resolve
- Execute continuous service improvement activities, as assigned: Design, document, develop, test, and deploy automation. Follow current DevOps best practices, and/or other development methodologies such as SDLC, Rapid, etc.
- Execute system health monitoring and performance optimization by: Collaborate across all Cloud support teams (Network, Platform, Database and Applications) on efforts to improve performance, stability, and availability. Determine if changes require an updated to current documentation, processes, procedures and tools. Contribute to knowledge management by updating documentation, processes, procedures and tools. Work with Talent Development to train colleagues on new documentation, processes, procedures and tools.
- Act as a mentor for Cloud Engineer colleagues by: Providing adoption leadership expertise for new standards and best practices. Participating as a subject matter expert on process improvement; and training & tool development. Be the subject matter expert for assigned specializations by providing technical leadership and technical engineering expertise.
- 5 plus years experience with Informatica.
- 5 plus years experience with AWS Lead, Redshift/Postgres/EC2/GLUE/Lambda/Unix scripting/Firewall/IPAAS ICRT, ICS.
- Application development/maintenance experience with distributed cloud systems tech (Java, node.js, Python, AWS EC2, AWS Lambda, API Gateway, AWS DynamoDB, Glue, Elasticsearch, or Google Cloud/Azure equivalents).
- Expertise and hands-on experience in designing RESTful APIs, event-driven workflows, and microservices architectures.
- Expertise and hands-on experience in server-side technologies such as Spring Boot and Front End frameworks such as Angular.
- Expertise and hands-on experience in database concepts for RDBMS' such as Oracle as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Experience with software engineering best practices including unit testing, continuous integration (Jenkins), and source control (GitHub, Bitbucket).
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.