- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- KANATA CA
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Installation Technician (Home Entertainment Specialist) is responsible for providing installation and repair services for our residential customers. As a Technician, you will play a critical role by ensuring reliable delivery of telecommunications services to our residential customers in Ontario. You will install, maintain, and repair Cable TV, high-speed Internet and home phone services. Showcase your excellent customer service skills by providing direct support and guidance while responding to customer inquiries related to our best in class products and services.
What you will be doing:
- Diagnose and/or correct all technical problems (Basic and Hi-Speed Internet, Basic and Digital TV, Rogers Home Phone, Ignite TV and SHM) to the satisfaction of the customer and in accordance with company specifications.
- Reconnect/disconnect equipment and/or services as per company standards and procedures.
- Ensure that communication with customers, other departments and peers is done in a professional manner.
- Maintain strong customer relations through daily contact with customers.
- Install new services, extra outlets and equipment in domestic dwellings, apartments and commercial buildings.
- Complete installation work. (eg, rewires, fishing, drop replacements)
- Promote and sell company services.
- Complete accurate documentation pertaining to installations, service and sales activity.
- Assist Managers in reducing departmental costs through efficiencies and improved productivity.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated, and as outlined in company policy.
What you bring:
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- Must possess a valid driver s license, with a safe driving record.
- Electronics Technician Certificate or Diploma would be a definite asset.
- Previous Cable TV experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Smart Home Monitoring is an asset
- Previous experience with PC repairs and good to exceptional P.C. troubleshooting skills.
- Previous experience with TCP/IP protocols and NIC Installations preferred.
- Must be able to handle all physical aspects of the job, which include lifting/moving heavy equipment (approx. 80 lbs) and climbing ladders/poles at heights up to 40 feet.
- Excellent communication and problem solving coupled with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, and overtime, as required.
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Previous sales experience would be an asset.
- Circuit switch and twisted pair cable knowledge would be an asset.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 306 Legget Dr. (063), Kanata, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Posting Category/Function: Field Operations & Installation
Requisition ID: 174076
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]
- customer service