- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- FORT MCMURRAY - ALBERTA - CANADA
Canada - Alberta, Fort McMurray
AECOM is seeking Industrial Piping Insulators to join us on the CNRL Albian site located in the Fort McMurray area.
These are long term, perm positions, to join the maintenance team on a 7/7 rotation, 12 hours per day.
Camp accommodations provided, Charter flights out of Calgary and Edmonton. Shuttles out of Fort Mac.
Insulators apply, remove and repair thermal and acoustical insulation (e.g., calcium silicate, glass foam, mineral wool, styrofoam, fibreglass) on all types of industrial equipment (e.g., duct piping, heat exchangers, tanks, vessels).
- Responsibly do all work tasks expected of a journeyperson
- Supervise, train and coach apprentices
- Demonstrate the installation, fitting, fabrication and attachment of insulation, finishing and weatherproofing materials to a high standard of workmanship
- Use efficiently and safely all hand and power operated equipment used by the insulation industry Read and correctly interpret blueprints, specifications and building codes
- Thoroughly describe insulation materials and their uses
- Describe all systems requiring insulation
- Co-ordinate insulation work with other trades on the job site
- Comply with all safety regulations of the construction industry
- Perform assigned tasks in accordance with quality and production standards required by industry
Conditions of Employment for this position are:
- For positions that fall into the list of required positions within the AECOM Oil & Gas Background Check policy, qualified applicants who are offered, and accept, the role must complete a satisfactory pre-employment Background Check. This may consist of all or a combination of the following: Canadian Criminal Record check, an Employment Verification and/or an Education and Accreditation Verification.
- Qualified applicants who are offered, and accept, a position must provide evidence of a satisfactory Alcohol & Drug test in accordance with the Company's Alcohol & Drug Policy. In order to be valid, the test must have been conducted at the direction of AECOM - O&G Business Unit.
- Journeyman Certification and/or Interprovincial Red Seal or Proof of Hours for non-ticketed
- OSSA Certified Fall Protection (Alberta course)
- Confined Space Monitor and Entry (Alberta course)
- Experience working in a live site
- Experience working on a plant maintenance crew
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Craft/Trade
Business Line Construction Services
Business Group Construction Services Group (CS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 228832BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.