- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 32447
Position Number: 20025466
Posting End Date: December 4, 2019
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: 496 Hargrave St
Department/Unit: Z1 Health Coordination
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: MGEU-HC Support
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Evenings
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Salary: $19.960, $20.426, $20.867, $21.308, $21.701
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Position Overview Reporting to the Resource Coordinator, the ISW (Integrated Support Worker) will have a high level of knowledge and training in mental health and personal care skills. The skills of the ISW are used where the client situation is complex in regard to physical, social, and/or mental health issues. The ISW is responsible for the provision of personal care and home support services to clients that may include strengthening client skills in areas such as self-care, behavioral and social functioning, communication, coping, and the use of community resources. These interventions are integral to keeping clients safe in a community setting. The ISW may be assigned more complex personal care when he/she has been trained in the specific procedure.
- Supports/assists client in activities of daily living and independent activities of daily living, as identified in the client-centered care plan.
- Supports clients in life skill development.
- Provide safe, effective personal care in a manner that considers each individual's need for comfort, privacy, and respect.
- Organizes work according to client's needs and assigned tasks.
- Maintains accountability by working within Program guidelines.
- Completes and submits timesheets, mileage reports and other documentation as required.
- Follows protocol for universal precautions and maintaining a sanitary environment.
- Two (2) years experience as an HCA.
- Two (2) years experience working in Mental Health preferred (may include experience as an HSC working with clients with complex needs or behaviors).
- Grade XII minimum or GED equivalent.
- WRHA recognized HCA certificate preferred (any non certified incumbents would be required to obtain HCA certification within two (2) years of employment).
- Successful completion of the Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) prior to start date.
- Valid driver s license and vehicle required in order to make home visits to various clients in the community.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to provide safe, effective personal care in a manner that considers each individual's need for comfort, privacy, and respect is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, family, and coworkers is essential.
- Understanding of client empowerment and issues faced by individuals experiencing challenges with mental and/or physical health issues.
- Ability to assess and teach basic life skills.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and work well in one-on-one situations with clients.
- Ability to assign priority to designated tasks and duties.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills required.
- Subject to Immunization and Tuberculin Testing as per WRHA policy.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
- trades and professions