- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- North York
Requisition ID: 54070
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our
communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
Our Design team is growing and we’re looking for an experienced Intermediate UX Designer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and refining our digital products by improving their look, feel and functionality – always keeping the end user in mind. You will be part of a collaborative group of design thinkers and problem solvers.
You will leverage direct feedback from Clients, data insights, and user testing to inform your designs. You have the ability to work autonomously, but also partner with other designers, developers, digital product owners, and researchers within a fast-paced, agile setting.
Mobile and Accessibility are not an afterthought, but incorporated into every consideration of your wireframes and solutions. You see the big picture and the fine details. You understand UX best practices and emerging trends in web and mobile design.
In this role, you will immerse yourself in the customer journey and deliver end-to-end transactional user-flows that reinforce the simplicity of banking with Tangerine, and measurably improve the overall experience of our Clients.
The Interaction Designer will report directly to the Director of Customer Experience Design.
· Bring together a comprehensive understanding of UX best practices, information architecture, accessibility, user psychology and UI design for mobile and web.
· Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
· Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new functions and features.
· Translate business needs and user challenges into simple yet meaningful customer experiences.
· Inform solutions with data from multiple sources, including requirements, customer needs, technology constraints, usability studies, UX research and web analytics.
· Embrace feedback and have desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
· Adhere to established Design System, leveraging existing components and patterns to ensure consistency of experience across multiple areas and products.
· Embrace and champion a collaborative approach; always driving towards an effective solution.
· Clearly communicate design recommendations to stakeholders.
· Contribute to the evolution of the Tangerine Design system with a desire to push existing standards and practices to the next level.
· You are a fast learner with an appetite to tackle both simple and complex financial solutions.
- 5+ years of interactive design experience working with mobile and web based products.
- Strong design portfolio that demonstrates vision and innovation in wireframes, high fidelity mockups, conceptual explorations, etc.
- Financial Institution experience is an asset.
- Specialized Knowledge
- Working knowledge of user interface best practices for web and e-commerce sites.
- Experience developing wireframes and high-fidelity creative.
- Experience in fast paced, agile environment.
- Technical Skills & Software
- In-depth knowledge of industry design tools (Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma), wire-framing tools (Axure, Balsamiq, Invision) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Ability to design a user experience from start to finish with consideration of the development process.
- Ability to clearly communicate and explain your designs with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to multitask across multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate with developers is critical.
- Strong collaborator; you welcome feedback and see team problem-solving as a natural part of the creative process.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.