- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This role is within the Business Performance Management team supporting the Digital, Direct & Partnerships business. This role supports the business providing systems based solutions to reporting and analytical queries.
- Ensuring current reporting suite is maintained, minimizing disruption to regular reporting. Provide enhancements to existing reports along with recommendations for future development.
- Develop and enhance reporting suite in response to queries from the business, actively partnering with end users to provide reporting and analytical solutions.
- Ensure successful migration to Hadoop platform, ensuring that current reporting capabilities are maintained.
- Provide support to the Senior Business Analyst in delivering the data roadmap by implementing new reporting tools and new ways of presenting existing data.
- Provide guidance and training to the team in using the current systems, maximising team system capabilities.
- Provide analysis on an ad hoc basis as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in SAP Business Objects 4 and above.
- 3-5 Years of SQL experience in RDBMS databases like Teradata, Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server
- 1-2 years of experience with any BI and Visualization tools like Qlik, Tableau etc.,
- Experience in working closely with end user and stakeholder to translate the business requirement into technical solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good Understanding on Data Warehouse projects and strong SQL background.
- Understanding of BI terminology and concepts
- Good Verbal and Written communication skills
- Good knowledge of ETL flows using informatica or any similar tools
- Guidewire knowledge is an asset.
- Exposure to BigData and Hadoop is an asset
- Takes ownership and initiative and collaborates well with a team of peers
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
About the company
We help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,600 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.