- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
Career Level: NA
Hiring Manager: Kirsten Sutton
Recruiter Name: Renejane David
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Event Specialist is responsible for organizing and executing on world-class internal and external events for the SAP Montreal Lab, boasting 900+ staff across two locations. The position will also be responsible for assisting the Labs Chief Operating Officer in the execution of innovation initiatives in Montreal and across the Labs network in Canada.
The successful candidate must have a depth of experience in event planning and a passion for developing new and creative ways in which to engage our employees internally and represent the SAP brand externally through a variety of events. He or she is an independent worker, but is effective at collaborating with others and is flexible to take on new and varied tasks required for successful site administration.
EXPECTATION AND TASKS
- Work with the Managing Director's (MD) office, Executive Team, Communications Specialists, Employee Engagement Teams and Events Manager (Vancouver) to deliver memorable events for our employees in Montreal
- Responsible for planning, design and execution of Montreal marquee events including, but not limited to, summer and holiday parties
- Responsible for planning, designing and production of internal Montreal events including, but not limited to, executive visits, milestone celebrations, all-hands meetings, etc.
- Responsible for guiding and assisting the Montreal Employee Engagement Teams with their events as required
- Organize facilities and manage all event's details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Effectively work with our Montreal Communications Specialist in developing creative ways to promote internal and external events
- Effectively and professionally work with external event planners and venues as required
- Drive initiatives to foster a culture of innovation in Montreal and works with the Events Manager (Vancouver) for similar initiatives across the Labs Canada network (including Waterloo and Toronto)
- Propose ideas to improve services and event quality
- Effectively work within a specified budget
- Provide administrative support for MD/COO office as necessary: handling correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, calendar scheduling, expenses, travel, and coordinating meeting logistics, etc.
- Provide administrative support for Labs as necessary: concierge services, organizational memberships, leadership meeting coordination/note taking, etc.
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- Proven experience as an events planner or organizer
- Proven experience working within a budget
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills including:
- Fluency in both oral and written English and French
- Excellent Word and PowerPoint skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Premier, Photoshop and Illustrator is an asset
- Ability to interact and influence others and welcoming of feedback and suggestions
- Must be able to keep confidences with private and/or confidential information
- Organized, detail-oriented and can manage time effectively with top-notch prioritization skills
- Graphic design experience is a definite asset
- Diploma (or pursuit of) in event planning or equivalent is desired
- Secondary Bachelor's degrees (or pursuit of) in Communications, English, Marketing will be considered
- Previous relevant experience in event planning is desired
- Past experience working within the software industry desired
Start Date: June 2020
Duration: 8 months
Office Location: Montreal, CA
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: (see below) or (see below), APJ: (see below), EMEA: (see below) ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.