- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 235035
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We're a fun team, working in a casual environment, for a company that believes in our value and loves new technology. Our team works with some of the largest and most important insurance providers in the world. Together we will build the next generation of insurance and financial services software at SAP, providing the industry's most product-agile quotation and underwriting system both in the cloud and on premise. We are an Agile shop, constantly tinkering with our process to bring the most value to the customer while making all our lives better.
We have a passionate and experienced team who truly believes that work should be fun. We'll be happy to show you everything we know and we're looking for someone who can teach us just as much in return!
What you'll do:
- Position Title: Full Stack Developer Intern
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Expected start date to end date: January 6, 2020 for 4 or 8 months
EXPECTATIONS & TASKS
- Delivering software ready to ship after every sprint by collaborating with team members to design, implement and test smart repeatable solutions
- Take ownership of customer success by focusing on their needs when we design features, write code, write tests and fix bugs
- Be excited to learn and introduce the team to new technologies that improve performance, allow new features or improve our processes
- Build features optimized to work in both the cloud and on premise software
- Build your own server-side Java code and make use of open source to create a robust high performance Back End
- Strive for automated test coverage for every line of code using tools like Selenium, JUnit and Robot Framework
- Work with other amazing developers through code reviews and design sessions to create the best code possible
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Pursuing a University degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software engineering or equivalent
- Eager to learn and passionate about software technologies
- Good communication and teamwork skills, able to understand others' ideas as well as articulating your own effectively
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design concepts
- Development experience with Java, C# or C++
A plus will be skills and experience in:
- Experience with continuous integration pipelines and cloud software delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with OData, Spring, J2EE, JDBC, XML are a plus
- Experience working with databases and SQL language
- Exposure to web technologies including HTML5, CSS3, jQuery
- Working knowledge of Git, JIRA, Gerrit, Jenkins and Selenium
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: (see below) or (see below), APJ: (see below), EMEA: (see below) ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.