- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You will join our Life Safety Division, and lead an international team of sales managers in charge of regional sales for both Emergency and Mains Lighting solutions. We are looking for a hands-on sales manager who would benefit from a solid background in international construction sales, as well as project management skills, in order to tackle challenges faced in terms of logistics, geographic specificities and sales channel’s diversity. You could be based anywhere in Europe with preference for the UK and Germany, and will be expected to travel about 50% of your time.
- You will be responsible for the development and execution of successful sales plans for the combined Emergency Lighting (Self Contained & Central Power Systems) and Mains Lighting globally
- You & your team will be responsible for working with Field Sales / regional sales teams/ Field product Managers to ensure that the customer is offered the best / widest product offering, whilst ensuring that the Lighting products are a key focal team within the various regions.
- You & your team will identify new potential customer and grow your existing client base through organic growth. The customer base includes intercompany and third party customers, the latters being distributors, contractors, systems integrators, OEM, engineering companies and end users
- Gain & distribute key Voice of the Customer from all geographical regions, along with project and market based pricing details
- You & your team will work with local marketing teams to support wider marketing campaigns for both the Fire Platform and the wider Eaton product portfolio
- Ensure that all orders taken are within agreed pricing and profitability limits
- Collaborate closely with Product Line Managers and support functions (product management/engineering / product marketing) to assist in key developments
- You will lead the team and ensure appropriate recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, appraising, planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures are all provided.
- Provide and ensure all appropriate administration and reporting are completed on time
- International sales management experience within a corporate environment
- Lighting experience ideal, or construction segment experience, with solid knowledge of all routes to market, selling to different types of customers through different channels
- Strong line management skills
- Strong project management skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
About the company
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that make electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely and sustainably.