- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Red Deer
Canada - Alberta, Red Deer
AECOM is seeking Ironworker Apprentices to join our NOVA project team on site near Joffre, Alberta. This is a temporary position on a 4/3 shift rotation.
Ironworkers fabricate, construct and join scaffolding, structural steel buildings, bridges, ornamental ironwork and pre-cast structures. They erect structural steel components, reinforce steel, post tension tendons, install conveyors and robotic equipment, and sometimes perform reconstructive work on existing structures.
- Comprehend structural steel components, fabrication and erection drawings, frame structures and anchor bolt settings; read and understand structural steel drawings, structural steel shapes, types and fasteners; solve mathematical problems
- Perform calculations with rigging formulas, carry out basic rigging
- Understand metal building walls for layout and installation, panel profiles, gage numbers and panel coatings etc.; understand metal building roof systems for panel types, system designs etc.; apply safe work practices when erecting a pre-engineered metal building; installation of windows, doors and air barrier; apply safe work practices when erecting structural steel
Conditions of Employment for this position are:
- For positions that fall into the list of required positions within the AECOM Oil & Gas Background Check policy, qualified applicants who are offered, and accept, the role must complete a satisfactory pre-employment Background Check. This may consist of all or a combination of the following: Canadian Criminal Record check, an Employment Verification and/or an Education and Accreditation Verification.
- Qualified applicants who are offered, and accept, a position must provide evidence of a satisfactory Alcohol & Drug test in accordance with the Company's Alcohol & Drug Policy. In order to be valid, the test must have been conducted at the direction of AECOM - O&G Business Unit.
- Current Registered Trade Apprentice
- CSTS-09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) or PST (Petroleum Safety Training)
- Fall Arrest and/or Fall Protection (OSSA issued ticket is the general requirement)
- H2S Alive
- First Aid – Standard Level C
- CSE (Confined Space Entry)
- AWP – Aerial work platform
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Craft/Trade
Business Line Construction Services
Business Group Construction Services Group (CS)
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230558BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- ms project