- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Red Deer
Canada - Alberta, Red Deer
AECOM is seeking Ironworker Journeymen to join our NOVA project team on site near Joffre, Alberta. This is a temporary position on a 4/3 shift rotation.
Ironworkers fabricate, construct and join scaffolding, structural steel buildings, bridges, ornamental ironwork and pre-cast structures. They erect structural steel components, reinforce steel, post tension tendons, install conveyors and robotic equipment, and sometimes perform reconstructive work on existing structures.
- Read blueprints and specifications to lay out the work
- Unload and stack steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
- Erect and install scaffolding, construction cranes, derricks and other hoisting equipment
- Assemble rigging (cables, pulleys, hooks) to move heavy equipment and materials
- Attach cables from a crane or derrick and direct crane operators with hand signals or radios
- Position steel units, align holes and insert temporary bolts
- Check the alignments and join steel parts by bolting or tack welding them with an electric arc process
- Assemble and erect pre-fabricated metal structures
- Select, cut, bend, position, and secure steel bars or wire mesh in concrete forms to reinforce the concrete
- Install ornamental and other structural metalwork such as curtain walls, metal stairways, railings and power doors
- Unload and install pre-cast components
Conditions of Employment for this position are:
- For positions that fall into the list of required positions within the AECOM Oil & Gas Background Check policy, qualified applicants who are offered, and accept, the role must complete a satisfactory pre-employment Background Check. This may consist of all or a combination of the following: Canadian Criminal Record check, an Employment Verification and/or an Education and Accreditation Verification.
- Qualified applicants who are offered, and accept, a position must provide evidence of a satisfactory Alcohol & Drug test in accordance with the Company's Alcohol & Drug Policy. In order to be valid, the test must have been conducted at the direction of AECOM - O&G Business Unit.
- Journeyman Certification and/or Interprovincial Red Seal
- CSTS-09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) or PST (Petroleum Safety Training)
- Fall Arrest and/or Fall Protection (OSSA issued ticket is the general requirement)
- H2S Alive
- First Aid – Standard Level C
- CSE (Confined Space Entry)
- AWP – Aerial work platform
- Red Seal preferred or required by provincial regulations and standards.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Craft/Trade
Business Line Construction Services
Business Group Construction Services Group (CS)
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230553BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- ms project
- read blueprints