- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- DOWNTOWN, WINNIPEG, CANADA
Jr. Sous Chef
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. Develop your talent with us as Jr. Sous Chef, where your care and creativity will elevate our menus!
Hotel Overview:Locatedin the heart of vibrant downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba -- at the historic cornerof Portage and Main -- Fairmont Winnipeg luxury hotel extends the naturallywarm reception of the Prairies. Just step outside our Winnipeg hotel and the cityis at your feet.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Jr. Chef oversees the efficient daily operation of the Banquet Kitchens which produces food for wide range of events including outside catering, banquets, receptions, ensuring that all F&B Standards are maintained and the highest quality food is being delivered to our valued Guests.Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- PromotesHealth & Safety in the workplace and ensures all local health regulationsare met. Ensure staff is trained to the highest standard of Food Safety.
- Promoteand be an example of Fairmont Values; Respect, Integrity, Teamwork &Empowerment. Build a department that takes pride in these values.
- Ensureall Culinary & Stewarding staff conducts their daily duties in accordancewith the Company Service Plus Standards. Be active in promoting Service Promiseand its philosophies throughout the Hotel.
- Ensurecompliance in all Fairmont Hotels & Resorts F&B Standards and train allOutlet Culinary staff to standards.
- Ensurethat Culinary staff are trained and knowledgeable on Menu Item worksheets withaccurate ingredient lists, preparation methods and pictures for all menu items.Ensure accurate food costing of each menu item is maintained and recorded.
- Ensurethat proper food rotation practices are in place food wastage is minimized.
- Liasewith Executive Sous Chef to ensure schedules are meeting productivityguidelines and proper coverage for meal periods as assured.
- Communicatein a timely manner with the Executive Sous Chef any special order items for theOutlets. Assist with monthly Inventory Cycle.
- DriveGuest Satisfaction Index scores and VOG (Voice of the Guest) results throughhands on involvement in the Outlet Kitchen to ensure the highest standard offood is being served. Be dedicated to a process of continuous improvement witheffective communication of positive and negative feedback from Guests.
- Activelymanage all aspects of the Colleague experience through proper training,standards setting, performance management, communication and recognition toachieve positive results in the Colleague Engagement Index.
- Ensurethe Outlet Kitchen is clean and organized. Ensure Food Hygiene and Safetypractices are of exceptionally high standard. Coordinate with Chief Steward andthe Chief Engineer any maintenance of equipment needs and cleanliness issuesthat arise.
- Communicateto the Executive Sous Chef the need for operating equipment for the OutletKitchen department and identify any Capital items to the Executive Chef.
- Liaisewith the Executive Sous Chef & Banquet Sous Chef to ensure the smoothoperation of the entire Culinary department including the Outlet kitchen.
- Supportand promote the programs and activities of the entire Hotel’s Committees.(Service Promise, H&S, Enviro.
- Supportand promote the programs of the Environmental Committee in its efforts toward environmentalsustainability in the hotel and in the kitchen.
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!