- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
Do you want to help improve patients' healthcare outcomes? Now you can. LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is a proud Canadian company with over 50 years experience. We provide laboratory testing services that help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Lab Patient Technician to join our team in 36 Vodden St. East, Bramton, Ontario.
As a Lab Patient Technician you will be responsible for the specimen collection process, from greeting patients through to preparation of specimens for transportation. This is an important role in patient care and our business, and will let you see the difference that you make in patients' lives. This is a Temporary Part Time role (Contract End Date January 30, 2021) suitable for an individual with a flexible schedule, and includes the opportunity to pick up additional shifts at other LifeLabs locations.
In this role you will:
- Greet and request required information from patients, explain the specimen collection process, and ensure patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Perform phlebotomies, connect/disconnect holter monitors, and perform ECG tracings.
- Perform special test collections, such as medical/legal drug screens, paternity tests, and clinical trials, and complete related documentation.
- Maintain client relationships, including responding to inquiries and following up on requests.
- Complete data entry of required patient demographics, requisition information, and other information related to processing test results.
- Prepare specimens for transportation and testing.
The right person for this role will be focused on great customer/patient service, and be able to relate to patients and clients even in stressful situations. Some key qualities include: empathy, flexibility, adaptability to change, and problem solving skills. Other requirements include
- Graduate of an approved Laboratory Assistant program or equivalent.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good computer skills with a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Caring, Customer Driven, Agile and One Team and can live these values with us every day.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today.
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA - Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.