- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- FORT MCMURRAY CA
LOCATION: Fort Hills, Wood Buffalo, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 31899
Why you should join us:
Student positions (including co-ops and interns) at Suncor are more than just a work term. They provide you with significant and meaningful work experiences to help enable you to figure out where you want your career to go - better yet, many of our students go on to become permanent Suncor employees after they graduate! You will work side-by-side with some of the most talented people in the energy industry, and your work assignments and mentoring will offer you outstanding academic and career growth.
You will use your expertise to:
- Ensure that all work is completed in a safe, environmentally responsible manner according to established policy, procedures and Good Laboratory Practices
- Perform analysis on production samples and bitumen
- Provide good and reliable analysis results to all the laboratory customers in a reasonable timeframe
- Use Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Perform basic required verification, calibrations, routine preventive and corrective maintenance and relevant QA
- Ensure to keep the laboratory environment safe and clean.
- Participate in tool box meeting, safety meeting, SOS and FLRA program and safety inspection
We'd like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Enrollment in Chemical Technology or a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from a recognized institution
- Strong safe work practices and a commitment to Suncor's Journey to zero
- Understanding of laboratory Quality Assurance/Quality Control practices
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Knowledge of relevant standard methods of analysis such as, ASTM, UOP & CGSB
Where you'll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our camp-based Fort Hills mining site, located in Alberta's Athabasca region, 90 kilometers north of Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Site-based shift work is required and the shift schedule is a 4 days on/3 off rotation
Start your career at Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else - do it safely, or don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values .
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we're doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Students & New Grads
- trades and professions