- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 57747
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Enterprise Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Technology is seeking an energetic, self-starter willing to take on a challenge! Our team will deliver a 3 to 5 year enterprise wide, global AML transformation program.
Located in downtown Toronto and reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Lead Business Systems Analystis responsible for the implementation of business applications and resolution of complex business problems for the assigned Lines of Business.
The Lead Business Systems Analyst will provide technical and operational assessments of requirements and contribute to design process for improving systems and business processes in order to deliver operational efficiency, positive employee and customer experience, and to satisfy regulatory requirements.
After sufficient ramp up time, the Lead Business Systems Analyst will be relied upon as the expert in the appropriate system.
1. Ability to work with project leads to:
• Participate in defining the product vision, detailing what the product is, how it will contribute to the organization’s strategy and who are the end users.
• Assist in release plans, specifying priority items to support product/solution functionality and help set the stage for sprint planning.
• Collaborate with Scrum Master and/or Project Manager to continually manage scope, budget, and expectations (understanding scope burndown and its impact on release expectations).
• Work with product owners and/or end users to develop user stories, acceptance criteria or test cases for the product/system.
• Confidently assist the role of product owner where required, help prioritize Backlog.
• May be called upon to fulfill various deliverables within the scrum team such as designer, story writer, tester, facilitator, etc.
2. Leads the systems implementation process by:
• Developing conversion and implementation strategies
• Verifying conversion
• Providing user training
• Providing post-implementation warranty support
3. Responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
4. Provide effective business solutions and services to the assigned business lines:
• Facilitate ideation sessions with business sponsors and development representatives to formulate the business requirements and ensure adaptability of development iterations.
• Investigate, understand and continually enhance knowledge of how the business works, uncovering opportunities and proactively identifying areas with potential for delivering value.
• Build strong relationships and maintain open communication channels between project team and customers/business sponsors/product owner(s) to ensure transparency.
5. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, and rapidly changing technology.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• You have at least 7 years of progressive technical working experience in business systems analysis.
• You have at least 3 years of technical working experience using PL/SQL on Oracle RDBMS to create/maintain queries & perform data mapping tasks.
• You also have at least 3 years of technical working knowledge of front- & back-end development using .NET technologies.
• You have at least 1 year of technical working experience to navigate around a Linux OS.
• You have demonstrated technical working experience with test methodologies.
• You are eager to learn, and able to demonstrate you are a self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business and system problems.
• You possess proven interpersonal, communication (verbal/written/presentation) and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation from both users and senior management.
• You have good time management and organizational skills in order to effectively manage a variety of assignments from ideation to project execution.
• Previous work experience in a regulatory environment is an asset.
• Post-secondary education in business, economics, mathematics, information sciences or a related discipline.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview wi