- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Do you want to be part of our successful Real Estate team helping both support and win top clients forTurner & Townsendin Western Canada?We are hiring an ambitious and forward thinking MEP Estimatorto lead MEP for Turner & Townsend in Western Canada (Edmonton, Vancouver and Calgary)
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, anddoing our part to create a prosperous society.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Who are you?
You are an experienced Chief MEP Estimator with a minimum of 10years post-graduate experience looking for the next step or are currently undertaking a similar role in a similar environment but looking to join a dynamic and growing business.
As a Senior MEP Cost Consultant, you will be involved in:
- Managing the MEP resources for Western Canada
- Leading cost estimate production, ensuring that the team delivers on their accountabilities
- Preparing Mechanical/Electrical cost estimates for all asset classes, and at all levels of design, related to real estate throughout Canada
- Assisting the Leadership across Western Canadain developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
- Working withDirectors/Leadership to construct proposals for new work or variations for existing projects
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes referring ides to the appropriate line manager
- Preparing Construction Cost Estimate reports at all stages of design for commercial, institutional and residential projects throughout Canada
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Participating in Value engineering, LEED analysis and Life Cycle costing
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Financial management – Utilizing the tools provided keep track of the ongoing margin levels and monthly fee/resource forecasts for each commission
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Preparation / Quantification of Cost Plan Reports including measurement of detailed quantities and unit pricing
- 10+ years of Cost Control experience
- A recognized university degree in Construction or a related field
- Membership in a relevant professional organizations (i.e. RICS, CIQS, AACEI).
- Certification or designation from a professional organization is an asset (i.e. MRICS, PQS, CCP)
Turner & Townsendis a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 108 offices in 45 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets. We are an Equal opportunity employer who will ensure accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities upon request
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV’s that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
- trades and professions