- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 56989
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Enterprise Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Technology is seeking an energetic, self-starter willing to take on a challenge! Our team will deliver a 3 to 5 year enterprise wide, global AML transformation program.
Located in downtown Toronto and reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Lead Programmer is responsible in the design, coding, testing and delivery of solutions benefiting the Global AML unit.
Occasional weekends or overtime will be required, depending upon project commitments and timelines.
• Provide expertise input into estimating, sizing and complexity analysis of requirements.
• Offer design and development solutions and best practices and options to fulfill requirements.
• Review designs and code for junior team members and coach accordingly.
• Develop complex solutions and coordinate development efforts across multiple team members.
• Contribute to optimization of development and user processes.
• Collaborate within great cross functional teams.
• Ownership and delivery of the work.
• Learn and share technologies with others.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• You have at least 7 years of progressive technical working experience in software development.
• You have at least 5 years of hands-on technical working experience with:
- .NET, MS SQL Server, Power Shell, SSIS / SSRS, IIS
- Java, API/WebServices, Scripting (Unix, Perl, Python), Oracle RDBMS
• You are a creative, self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems.
• You have proven interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation from business users, development team, project team and senior management.
• You are flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, plus able to make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
• An asset to have technical working experience in the banking / financial services industries. The same with GUI skills.
Post-secondary education in Computer Science or in a technical equivalent.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.