- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 36856
Position Number: 20082860
Posting End Date: December 10, 2019
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: 755 Portage Ave
Department/Unit: HC Nursing Downtown Team 1
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 01/02/2020 - 11/15/2020
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $27.304, $28.198, $29.080, $30.152, $31.134, $32.232, $33.380
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Position Overview Under the general supervision of the Team Manager and while demonstrating a commitment to the mission, vision and values of the WRHA, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing professional practical nursing services to designated clients, including independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, collaboration and interaction within the healthcare team and participation in the coordination of client care and discharge. These services may be provided in the home, school, place of business settings or at a home care nursing clinic.
- 2 years recent related experience preferred.
- Satisfactory employment record required.
- Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical Nursing Education program required.
- Additional Wound Care & Diabetes course preferred.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of active registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with WRHA policy.
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License Required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of:
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba Code of Ethics for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Licensed Practical Nurses Act.
- Regional/Facility/Unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to community nursing.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Principles of delegation/assignment
- Principles of adult learning and teaching strategies
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to delegate and assign care appropriately and monitor outcomes of both delegated/assigned care.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
- Physically able to provide service in a wide variety of community settings under varying weather and environmental conditions.
- Use of reliable motor vehicle suitable for all environmental conditions.
- Subject to Immunization and Tuberculin testing as per WRHA policy.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.