- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That's because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that's the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You'll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We're in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between - doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Restaurant Associates? Imagine joining a team that's at the top of their game. Come to work at Restaurant Associates and learn from the pros how to serve thousands of visitors in some of the world's best venues. Because of what we do, more than 30,000 guests enjoy an unforgettable experience every day. Learn. Grow. Serve. It's a winning combination. Join us.
- Start date: ASAP
- Compensation: $16.00/hr
- Type: Part time to Full time
- Shifts: Must be available Evenings & Weekends
- Location: Kitchener Memorial Auditorium , Kitchener, ON.
Job Summary Prepares food in accordance with applicable corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serve meals or prepare for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
- Use established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
- Clean kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Store or discard excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keep refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensure food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assist in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
- Assist in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
- Report needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Line Cooks? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role:
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook.
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Certificate from a recognized cooking school.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Familiar with industry's best practices.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital/family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact (see below) for further information.