- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you a detail oriented, strong leader with a comprehensive Logistics background? As a Logistics Supervisor, you are responsible for supervising the plant material flow and mentoring your employees to ensure customer shipments are completed accurately and on time.
Your role will involve:
- Supervising 40+ Logistics Team Members and managing appropriate software programs (tracking/authorizing employee vacation and sick time)
- Working closely with all relevant peers/departments to ensure effective continuation of the manufacturing process and in accordance with production schedules and communicated priorities
- Organizing and ensuring the safety of warehouse inventory and racking system
- FIFO management of raw materials and using SAP inventory software for all inventory transactions. (Goods receiving, Goods Issuing, Material Transfers, Cycle counting, etc)
- Supervising maintenance schedules and safe use of department vehicles (forklifts, power walkies, etc)
- Responsibility for customer return orders (tracking and processing) and all outbound customer shipments via numerous carriers including all customs documentation and carrier manifests
- Managing receipt of engineering and production shipments
- Maintaining a smooth flow of materials from receiving area
- Responsible for waste management disposal (paper, plastic and aluminum plate recycling) and chemical waste removal
In return you will bring:
- Secondary education or equivalent experience. Post-secondary education is an asset
- Experience in Logistics, warehouse management, material flow, and/or shipping/receiving and a minimum of 3 years as a Supervisor and or Team Leader overseeing teams of 15 (+) employees/Team Members in a large manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of safe forklift operation, warehouse storage safety, Health and Safety Standards and Employment Law is required
- Organization, planning and follow-up skills are a necessity
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels and all positions within the organization
- Driven and energetic with a strong technical background and understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles
- Desire to function in a team based environment with aspirations for personal growth
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and dedication to Team Member morale, customer service, safety, quality and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Fast thinker with a strong desire for success
Don't miss this chance to be a part of a growing and rewarding Company!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status. Vistaprint welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- customer service