- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sealed Air partners with customers to solve their most critical packaging challenges with innovative solutions that leave our world, environment, and communities better than we found them. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands includes Cryovac® food packaging and Bubble Wrap® protective packaging which respectively enable a safer, more efficient food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.7 billion in sales in 2018 and has approximately 15,500 employees who serve customers in 123 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com .
Job Description: The Maintenance Technician Manager leads the maintenance activities related to Production and Facilities and is responsible for maintenance systems, overseeing continuous improvement of the manufacturing process, and executing long-termstrategic plans.
Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading maintenance personnel and working to develop and improve their skill sets and standard work required to achieve the department goals.
- Overseeing and monitoring daily shift maintenance activities to provide service levels that meet customer needs and standards;
- Assisting in troubleshooting maintenance, process, and product issues
- Designing, implementing and administerng preventative and predictive maintenance plans; lead department improvement initiatives; and coordinate the achievement of standards and provide feedback on shift performance
- Coordinating work performed by outside vendors including ensuring cost efficient repair schedules/repair cost estimates and prioritize the maintenance and repairs of equipment and parts
- Effectively communicating and collaborating with production management and production workers concerning machine overhauls and maintenance/improvement projects
- Assisting in communicating and coordination of training; schedule, train, supervise and motivate employees in the maintenance department
- Administering current programs assuring the health and safety of employees and meet Occupational Health and Safety requirements; uphold plant & department safety rules; monitor employee behavior and work practices; address unsafe acts, conditions and violations; perform safety, behavioral, and housekeeping audits as required
- Site security; Alarm Security System and Access Card System
- Complying with environmental standards and regulations
- Managerial responsibility: This position has direct reports and is responsible for assigning work to staff, providing coaching and training, setting goals and evaluating performance, staff development, making and/or approving people management decisions either alone or in collaboration with
- management and P&P (including recruitment, promotions, terminations, and compensation).
- Education, Experience, Certifications:
- Four-year degree, preferably in Engineering
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience
- 3+ years managerial experience leading a maintenance team
- Previous experience using SAP is preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office, to include Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project Management
- Proficiency in Process and Instrumentation diagrams, electrical schematics, mechanical layout and design
Requisition id: 28221
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. Sealed Air participates in the E-Verify Program (US sites only).