- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary CA$37,000.00 - CA$45,000.00 gross per year
My client is a Specialist Services Provider with multiple operations in London and the South East.
Due to growth and expansion they are looking to appoint a progressively studying and ambitious part- qualified accountant to take up a Financial Accountants position in support of the Group Financial Controller.
This is a role for someone who has experience in the production of management accounts, in preparing group consolidations, in carrying our analysis and producing financial reports for board level.
The role will involve all aspects of management accounts, financial analysis and planning. Details as follows - • Preparing complete managements account for the individual companies in the group to include full P&L, fully reconciled balance sheet and various financial reports
• Mentoring a team member in the preparation of management accounts for 1 company
• Completing full consolidation of group accounts on a monthly basis including cash flow
• Calculating and managing entries for all prepayments, accruals, deferrals and adjustments
• Reviewing and reporting on all direct labour costs and supporting accurate management of the Time and Attendance system across the care homes
• Reporting on activity trends and on variances to budget with meaningful commentary
• Liaising with Care Home Management to ensure customer accounts accurately billed and that amendments are reported on a timely basis
• Proactively analysing and reporting on costs and revenues to improve the financial management of the Group
• Reconciling multiple bank accounts, revenue accounts and all balance sheet items
• Supporting the internal audit processes throughout the year and advising on procedural changes and controls that could support best practices on a consistent basis
• Supporting the production of fully consolidated year end accounts and preparation of year end audit
• Working with external tax advisors with regards the Group’s current situation.
• Overseeing and supporting others in the team with regard AP and Credit Control
• Take on ad hoc financial accounting tasks and challenges in order to fully support the Group Financial Controller and the overall management the Group.
The ideal person for the role will have the following experience and attributes –
• A progressively studying part-qualified Accountant
• Experienced user of Sage 200 and MS Excel
• Experience of a range of management & financial accounting tasks
• A strong academic background and solid communication skills
• A focused work ethic and a strong personal drive to do well in all tasks