- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Manager, Chief Control Office Governance : 0000DWN5
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
About Chief Control Office Governance:
The Chief Control Office (CCO) Governance team is responsible to ensure that the development and implementation of the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) and Sales Quality (SQ) Framework within Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) is in line with our strategies and ensuring business units within the business are in compliance with internal and external guidelines, policies and regulations; interpreting implications, requirements and potential issues for appropriate executive and senior management decision-making; and provide assurance that we are providing a ‘fair outcome to our customers’ when conducting Wealth and Retail Banking sales. Aligned with this mandate, the team oversees the collation of all risk related reporting, which is consumed by entity level and global fora, including Risk Management Meeting, as well as Business Control Meetings, and Conduct Risk Review Meetings, Sales Quality Review Committee etc. The Governance team is also the first point of contact for Group Chief Control Office teams when implementing new policies or for other global programmes, such as Non-Financial Risk (NFR) Transformation Programme, and the final gatekeeper in the form of quality assurance in the execution of the above mentioned activities.
Key Objectives for Manager, Chief Control Office Governance:
The successful candidate will be the subject matter expert for the Operational Risk Management Framework, and a trusted advisor to the Head of Chief Control Office Governance. The successful candidate is tasked in providing advice, consultation and direction to management to ensure Chief Control Office activities are in accordance to the Operational Risk Management Framework and supports Chief Control Office's mandate to actively support the businesses in their management of operational risk through the course of risk assessment, monitoring, control identification, mitigation and measurement. Liaises with other business support areas to facilitate operational risk identification and ‘ownership'
- Support in the development of risk frameworks that are in line with HBCA strategies and ensuring business units within Retail Banking and Wealth Management compliance with internal and external guidelines, policies and regulations; interpret implications, requirements and potential issues for appropriate executive and senior management decision-making.
- Coordinate and assist in the design and implement a Continuous Control Monitoring system that is sufficient to demonstrate Retail Banking and Wealth Management's state of compliance and effectiveness to mitigate key risks, to satisfy corporate governance standards and external testing requirements.
- Coordinate and assist the Chief Control Office in preparing for internal and/or external reviews through facilitation, planning, briefing, consolidation, review, interpretation, documenting and auditing of reports and materials; liaise with internal and external groups as they audit and assess business unit compliance with regulatory and policy standards.
- Provide quality assurance of risk management documentation and procedures ensuring high quality, accessible information for staff, managers and executives.
- Analyze complex data points and provide concise recommendations and provide leadership and guidance to stakeholders in all Chief Control Office reporting, Management Information, and Risk and Control governance forums.
- Produce high quality risk governance papers in Ways of Working Format
- Act as the key coordinator of contact points between external risk teams and Retail Banking and Wealth Management, providing advice, consultation and direction to management to ensure operational, vendor and information risk management processes are in accordance with internal and external standards and guidelines/regulations.
- Ensure user administration documentation, procedural manuals, and other documentation is maintained as required
- Support the Chief Control Office leadership team manage stakeholder relationships to achieve positive business and programme outcomes. Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field such as business or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years proven and broad-based experience, including experience in operations or branch management related activity, risk management, compliance or audit activities
- Flexible and adaptable being able to handle and priorities competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly build relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills to be able influence and challenge stakeholders
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Maximize business performance i.e. developing, aligning and translating strategies & plans to achieve business and functional goals
- A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered.
- Identifying and defining problems that impact on your work or the wider business
- Deliver Insightful Risk and control Information
- Ability to provide control expertise
- Excellent computer application skills required; advanced Excel skills preferred
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
: Risk and Compliance
: North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 03-Dec-2019, 20:40:22 Unposting Date
: 25-Dec-2019, 04:59:00
About the company
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around
48 million customers through four Global Businesses:
• Commercial Banking
• Retail Banking and Wealth Management
• Global Banking and Markets
• Global Private Banking
Our network covers 72 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America.
With around 6,100 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC is listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges.
Specialties: Banking, Financial Services, International Finance and Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate and Business Banking.