- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 69831
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Manager, Integrations & Payments Support PMO is accountable for ensuring that the business needs and outcomes of the program are met as per business case/requirements and for the management of the set of projects undertaken by the Integrations & Payments Support area in a manner that optimizes the ROI from these projects and ensures their alignment with the organizations strategic objectives.The Manager, Integrations & Payments Support PMO is expected to have knowledge of the Payments industry and should be recognized for business acumen by the client set supported. The position requires understanding of emerging technologies, expert project management and life cycle development methodologies. The incumbent will have excellent skills in relationship and general business management.
- Assist in managing project participants and relationships ensuring project teams are cohesive ad operating to common objectives and priorities.
- Assist in identifying and confirm project leads from all required stakeholders and Scotiabank groups to ensure responsibilities and deliverables are understood by each.
- Hold meetings and work sessions as necessary to ensure that project management deliverables are met i.e. project planning, risk management, issue management, status meetings
- Provide support to Client including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution. The focus is to be kept on overall business solutions, not on specific packages or technologies.
- Ongoing communication of project status, and assisting in completing the monthly Project Status Reports and escalating issues to the Sponsor, and Sr. Management as required.
- Tracking, monitoring and communicating the progress of initiatives against defined project milestones to ensure progress versus expectations, supporting the Sr. Manager from the ground up
- Understanding the technicalities of the operational and IT aspects of the payments realm within banking.
- Assessing the change impact by conducting impact analysis, assessing change readiness and identifying key stakeholders as required.
- Supporting the scheduling of all planning steps including change management strategy planning and business planning/alignment in collaboration with business partners.
- Supporting training efforts, providing input, documenting requirements and supporting the design and delivery of training programs as required.
- Champions a customer focused and strong risk culture by playing a key role in the change management process through leveraging the Bank’s relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Ensure the documentation and archiving of project activities, deliverables, tools and findings and for use in future projects.
- Self-starter – the incumbent must be able to lead workshops and help formulate requirements, options and solutions with an ability to get things done through others; able to identify proactive, innovative solutions to meet the changing needs of the business;
- Strong analytical and problem solving mindset;
- Customer Focus – understand customer perspective when developing requirements and ensuring fit for purpose customer friendly solution are designed;
- Strong communication skills are required to draw out requirements and to challenge where appropriate (i.e. for scope creep etc.) and to establish bond with key stakeholders.
- Spanish language capability mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years as Jr. Project manager or Project manager. PMP Certified or pursuing
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- ms project
- project manager
About the company
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and Asia-Pacific. We are dedicated to helping our 23 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. With a team of more than 88,000 employees and assets of $896 billion (as at July 31, 2016).
Scotiabank es el banco internacional de Canadá y un destacado proveedor de servicios financieros en Norteamérica, América Latina, el Caribe y Centroamérica, y Asia-Pacífico. Estamos comprometidos en ayudar a mejorar la situación de nuestros 23 millones de clientes a través de una completa gama de asesoría, productos y servicios en los sectores de banca personal y comercial, gestión patrimonial, y banca privada, corporativa y de inversión, y mercados de capital. Con un equipo de más de 88,000 empleados y con $ 896,000 millones en activos (al 31 de julio de 2016).
La Banque Scotia est la banque internationale du Canada et un leader parmi les fournisseurs de services financiers en Amérique du Nord, en Amérique latine, dans les Antilles, en Amérique centrale et en Asie-Pacifique. Elle s’est donné pour mission d’aider ses 23 millions de clients à améliorer leur situation au moyen de conseils et d’une vaste gamme de produits et de services, dont des services bancaires aux particuliers, aux entreprises et aux sociétés, des services bancaires privés, d’investissement et de gestion de patrimoine ainsi que des services liés aux marchés des capitaux. Au 31 juillet 2016, l’effectif de la Banque Scotia s’élevait à plus de 88 000 employés et son actif à 896 milliards de dollars.