- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 59728
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Manager takes initiatives to evaluate and improve internal capital methodologies for more effective capital measures and better tools for business decision and capital management. This role primarily involves the development and production work around internal capital analytics and measurement. There is also work associated to validating and analyzing the metrics produced and the cause for the changes.
- Implement changes on credit risk capital models for both retail and non-retail portfolios. Assist the production of all regular and "on demand" deliverables for internal clients, including E.O. Finance, GBM Loan Portfolio Management, GBM Client Measurement, and GRM Executives.
- Provide support to business lines on capital methodology and contribute to their business growth. Explain, seek feedback and provide diagnostics and analytical supports to allow business to use capital more efficiently.
- Support the design and implementation of capital production initiatives and projects. This involves collaborating with other stakeholders such as technology and modeling teams.
- Provide ongoing support pertaining to credit capital, losses, ROEE/RORC, and active portfolio management for various Bank departments. Provide analytics and solutions on credit risk related issues of specific interest to Executive and Senior Management.
- Implementation of stress testing for credit risk capital on a quarterly basis and as part of Enterprise Wide Stress Testing (EWST).
- Contribute to business growth by providing independent capital analysis for one off transactions or transactions proposed to reduce risk and capital.
- Develop and maintain the documentation of capital models. Review and evaluate technical implementation, results, and functional credit capital documentation.
- Maintain compliance with relevant internal policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. Contribute to timely resolution of audit and regulatory issues.
- Keep abreast with advances in credit risk analytics developments, products and applications by vendors, consultants, regulatory agencies and competitors.
Postgraduate degree in a quantitative discipline such as Math, Physics, Computer Science or other quantitative areas
Preferred work experience: 3 years + of relevant analytical work experience
REQUIRED FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Strong knowledge of relational database application and development, data integration, and process automation.Proficient in working with large datasets is an asset.
- Technical proficiency with Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, SQL, VBA, Java, C++, Python and R.
- Advanced knowledge of portfolio credit risk modeling theories and applications - including their business implications and limitations. Previous experience with Moody's Analytics Risk Frontier is an asset.
- Excellent written and presentation skills in order to report findings, make recommendations, and provide insightful viewpoints to Executive and Senior Management, as well as to provide training/explanation to various internal users of credit risk analytics, and to liaise with industry participants and other external parties.
- Knowledge of the Bank's policies, practices, and products as well as regulatory requirements and expectations pertaining to credit risk analytics.
Required Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to ensure timely completion of planned deliverables (e.g. regular reports and analytics development milestones) as well as efficient response to ad hoc requirements that arise from time to time.
- Forward and independent thinking to identify requirements on credit risk analytics and associated opportunities for the Bank to reduce regulatory burden and economic risk as well as to enhance profitability and reputation.
- Collaborative and consensus-building skills, in particular with other Bank departments and external organizations.
- Flexibility and creativity in problem solving, innovation and path-finding ability.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrates accountability.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.