- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Manager, IS Construction and Maintenance Management
Reference Code: 61116
Location: Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB
Job Category: Information Technology/Systems
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 11/12/2019 We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We're proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We're looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Enterprise IT Services team (EITS) is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and is looking for a leader of the IS Construction & Maintenance Management team. The successful incumbent will work closely with our business partners in the Technical Centre of Excellence. We believe that the value of IT services is in making our business partners safer, more efficient and more creative in the tasks they need to perform every day. Our goal is to ensure that the business people who understand the problems and opportunities they face, can connect with the IT people that know the data and the technology, and to deliver a professional business applications service for our business partners. You will be at the forefront of leading this work.
As such, this exciting role will be responsible for identifying business needs, developing creative and innovative plans to address these needs and ensuring these needs are reflected in a comprehensive plan. This will include ensuring we have the right resources to support planning, project management and change management essential to the development and implementation of solutions. As an experienced leader with IT and Operations expertise, the position will ensure the safe operations within the approved budget and to high-levels of customer satisfaction.
What you'll do
- Lead the IS Construction and Maintenance Management team which includes providing technical/analytical direction, monitoring progress against metrics, providing feedback, coaching and support, identifying training and development opportunities, resolving performance issues and ensuring effective succession planning
- Build and sustain great relationships with business partners, IS Managers and vendors
- Create and track the core metrics necessary to drive the advancement of operational activities
- Ensure Project Manager, Business Systems Analysts, Change Management, Solution Architects and other project roles are appropriately planned
- Develop strong strategic alignment with the Technical Centre of Excellence in the functions of Project Management, Plant Maintenance, Quality Management, Environment Health Safety Management, Engineering & Drafting
- Demonstrate your experience and be an influential leader within the EITS leadership team
- Develop and monitor annual department operating budgets and project execution budgets including effective software/data licensing stewardship
- Be an overall champion for the brand of the collective IS organization at TC Energy
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Business or related field from a recognized institution is a requirement
- Ten (10) or more years experience in management across multiple business functions, including experience leading business applications support teams
- Ability to proactively build and manage departmental budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills - works collaboratively with functional, cross-functional and technical teams to build effective working relationships with a customer service mindset
- Results-oriented with strong identification and initiation of continuous improvement opportunities and the ability to manage change
- Strategic mindset with experience in managing many complex initiatives with strong execution and implementation skills
- Demonstrates initiative and makes sound judgement to effectively resolve issues and provide solutions
- Accountable to meet commitments while consistently delivering results within required timelines
- Demonstrates success in creating, leading, motivating and empowering high performing teams
- Ability to leverage data and analytics effectively to manage metrics
- Experience in the functions of Project Management, Plant Maintenance, Quality Management, Environment Health Safety Management and Engineering & Drafting is considered an asset
- IIBA or Lean Six Sigma certification is considered an asset
- Experience with SAP (modules: PPM, EHSM, PM, QM)
- Experience with Ecosys project controls tool is considered an asset
- Creative thinker with a strong interest and proven record for innovation
- Strong Customer Focus
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
*Travel is a requirement to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home. Applicants must be able to provide applicable travel documentation to travel across borders.
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 11/12/2019 using reference code 61116 . You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com . Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
. All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
. TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting (see below) .
- customer service