- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- North York
Requisition ID: 61321
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
The Product department develops exceptional products that are consistent with the Bank’s mission and strategy, and delivers great experiences for our clients. Specifically, the department builds value propositions to deliver against a competitive product roadmap, manages the profitability and usability of our existing suite of offerings, and partners with key departments to ensure an exceptional client experience. Payments & Lending covers four product groups; Chequing/Debit, Unsecured Lending, Credit Cards, and Secured Lending.
The Manager of Product Management will be responsible for monitoring and managing the performance of the Bank’s retail lending products. This Manager will track and implement initiatives and programs and make recommendations on how to optimize performance within the needs of the business. The Manager will report directly to the Director of Product Management.
The successful incumbent will participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of product and process changes for Tangerine’s retail lending portfolio. The incumbent will collaborate with other teams in marketing and across the organization to create opportunities to strengthen Tangerine’s efficiency, and existing client satisfaction while meeting regulatory requirements.
• Manage product performance end-to-end
• Manage all pools of assets within the Bank’s existing product portfolio
• Draft business cases and marketing recommendations on product strategies and tactics by interpreting business and client needs
• Draft product content for the business to ensure that the client touch points present the features and benefits of our products
• Conduct in depth product research leveraging internal and external analysis as needed
• Work closely with inter-departmental teams (i.e. IT, Marketing, Service and Sales, Operations, Legal and Compliance, Finance, Risk etc.) to assist in implementing recommendations that strengthen product performance, features, positioning and processes
• Identify and evaluate critical product and process success factors that make the payment account valuable to clients
• Maintain the product positioning that supports our brand
• Support the business through tracking key product performance metrics and contributing in depth product knowledge including: key value drivers, key client needs, processes, product capabilities and functions and regulatory requirements
• Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department
• Other duties as assigned
o University or College Degree
o Minimum 3-5 years of experience in either Sales or Marketing
o strong experience with lending products, processes and operations
o extensive experience with front line lending sales and market analysis
• Specialized Knowledge
o Extensive Lending knowledge - solid understanding of lending products and processes
• Technical Skills
o Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
o Strong analytical and data skills
o Able to effectively simplify complexity to ensure a superior client experience
o Ability to effectively influence stakeholders without formal authority
o Ability to work with minimal supervision
o Able to think outside of the box
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills
o Positive and proactive individual
The Manager, Product Management, Retail Lending will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.