- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 60943
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: HR Talent & Inclusion
Travel Requirements: 10 - 20%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Alberta (CA-AB)
Location: Calgary Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Overview Talent Management is a critical enabler to support Sobeys to realize its business priorities and Sobeys is committed to building world class capability in this area. We are looking for a Manager, Talent Development to join our growing Talent & Inclusion team and help to build talent programs and solutions that bring immediate value to our business. Bring your expertise in the areas of performance management, leadership development and assessment, career development and competency model design, to build and elevate our current and future initiatives. Our Talent & Inclusion team supports our Retail Stores, Distribution Network and Corporate Offices with a national scope.
We are open to this position being in any one of our offices across the country based in Mississauga, Montreal, and Calgary and/or Stellarton, Nova Scotia.
If you are motivated to join a company that nourishes employees and where stakeholders view talent management as a strategic partner to their business, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application by clicking below
Job Description •The expectation is that the Manager, Talent Development will:
• Run a portfolio of one or more programs within the Talent Management function. Programs may include a subset of the following:
o Performance Management
o Leadership Development
o Talent Pool Identification and Development
o Competency Profiles and Development
o Succession Management
o Talent Assessments
o Career Management (Creation of Career Models and Career Paths)
o Culture-Based Initiatives
• Be responsible for the end-to-end program leadership that includes: needs assessment, design, development, deployment, ongoing management, evaluation and continuous improvement.
• Bring thought leadership and knowledge of leading and emerging talent practices so that the Talent Programs remain relevant, progressive and impactful.
• Collaborate with HR and business stakeholders to develop and execute strategies that will meet the needs of the business.
• Ensure programs are aligned with the Sobeys Values and Leadership Behaviours.
• Enhance the employee experience (from front line to executive leadership)
• Ensure ongoing measurement and evaluation of all Talent Development and Management programs to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability.
• Work with the Talent Director and partner with other Talent Program Owners to drive and support the integration and harmonization of all talent programs across the organization.
• Lead a small team providing direction, support, development and feedback.
• Partner with internal teams to lead the communications and change management of new and changing talent solutions to ensure buy-in and adoption.
• Provide project management leadership and oversight for program initiatives and ensure projects are executed on time and on budget.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement, where team members are encouraged and recognized for generating and implementing innovative ideas across all talent solutions.
• Lead by example by focusing on personal career development and pursuing opportunities to increase relevant knowledge and skills.
• A self-starter who can operate independently and use sound judgement when making decisions
• Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, externally and internally
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal across multiple mediums
• Strong collaboration and facilitation skills
• Results orientation and the ability to execute ideas and deliver on commitments
• Project management fundamentals required to lead initiatives
• Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to grow the capability and potential of the team
• Ability to impact and influence business leaders and other professionals up to senior management levels
• Solid sense of confidentiality and discretion
Job Requirements Post-secondary education required in a related field
• Minimum of 8 years progressive experience in Human Resources or and minimum 3 years in an Organization Development/Talent function
• Minimum of 3 years experience managing/leading teams
• Degree in Business or related field preferred with specialization in Talent and Organization Development disciplines
• Bilingual preferred; Required if located in Quebec
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.