- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 61836
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the Canadian Banking Vendor Management department ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Manager, Vendor Finance will be responsible for responding to vendor RFPs and writing business cases. The manager will develop robust and dynamic models for business case review and new product launches and measure financial impact and ensure NPV, ROI, Break-even & Payback period goals are fully met
In addition, he/she will develop Product, channel & vendor level P&L’s for the business and will work closely with Finance partners to deliver accurate & reliable forecasts, budget/plans and long range plans (5y Plan).
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
o Provide analytical support and stress tests for special projects impacting vendors, contingency plans and new business development initiatives and assess their feasibility
o Responsible for the writing of business cases related to vendor management
o Provide support for Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quote’s (RFQ) and Request for Proposal’s (RFP), as well as contract development and negotiation process
• Vendor P&L and expense management
• Responsible for creating product, vendor level P&L’s for business partners and monthly/quarterly/annual forecasts for credit card business
• Coordinate with various teams to gather latest data/information for creating accurate & timely forecast/expense plan/5Y Plan
• Development of MIS and enhancement processes in order to allow effective tracking and reporting of financial results associated with vendor expenses
• Gather, validate, collate and maintain statistical, behavioral, economic, financial data for complete, meaningful and accurate vendor financial forecasts/budgets
• Regularly update the actual vendor performance data/KPI’s/SLA’s for reporting P&L’s
• Analyze financial impact of new products and/or services that impact vendors and proposed investments to ensure all financial goals/ standards are fully met (NPV, ROI, Break-even, Payback etc)
• Perform budgetary control on vendor operating expenses and Advertising & Promotion and ensure that the variances are explained
• Perform monthly accrual postings for vendor expenses
• Vendor reporting
• Prepare and present vendor financial/KPI’s in the monthly business group meetings
• Support the preparation of financial reports and presentations, including PPA, Blue book or any other report from time to time as per the requirement of the department head.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education and Other Requirements
• Post-secondary degree in Finance, Economics or related field
• CPA or CFA disignation preferredKnowledge of bank processing, banking regulations, financial and operations functions
• Good understanding of business casing analysis and assesment
• A demonstrated ability to effectively work hands-on as well as with cross – functional teams
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitmen