- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada!
Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited is Canada's premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centers, and 5 production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love.
Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Life™, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq's®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy®, evian® and A&W®.
About our People
We are committed to doing our best every day and our core values define and reflect how we work:
- Safety First
About This Opportunity
Market Development Manager
The Market Development Manager (MDM) is responsible for sales and target objectives with Coca-Cola's local and national small store customers. The MDM will maximize profitable sales opportunities by thoroughly understanding the complexity of the channels, prospecting new local customers, and by building excellent relationships with customers.
.*Territory: Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Grimsby*
- Successfully sell customer promotional plans, incremental displays and equipment placements that include annual Customer Marketing Agreements and align with the customer s and the Coca-Cola system's business objectives and strategies
- Evaluate outlet opportunities for new and existing small store customers. Develop a customized business plan addressing the critical needs of the customer(s)
- Work collaboratively with the Merchandising Supervisors/Sales Execution Leads and Merchandisers/Sales Execution Associates to ensure that revenue and profit goals are achieved, and that appropriate inventory levels and merchandising standards are maintained at each store
- Ensure a high level of customer service and resolve issues promptly
- Sell promotional programs and ensure dealer compliance
- Execute channel and customer promotions/programs that leverage national brand strategies
- Proactively arrange time and territory to achieve optimum face-to-face selling opportunities
- Build strong relationships with key customers/suppliers that result in win-win solutions
- Model behaviours that are indicative of an aligned system - all functions and franchise
- Leverage local knowledge to influence and leverage system strengths to drive positive results
- Act as a key leader for Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited in the local market with local municipal government and industries by business/trade/industry groups
- Post-Secondary education, preferably in business related field
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience selling in consumer packaged goods industry
- Minimum of 2 years in consumer products/direct store delivery sales/major account management
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning, verbal and written communications skills are a must
- Proficient using a variety of computer programs
- Valid driver s license and driving record within MVR policy guidelines
- Ability to travel day trips to support Market Units up to 50% of the time
Important - All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited ( Coke Canada ) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification and driver's abstract review. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regards to this once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with a number of programs, policies and resources in place to support our people.
For individuals with disabilities, should you require accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email (see below)