- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Job Description Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Material Handler is responsible for the safe storage of raw materials, work in progress (WIP), finished goods and the supply of such materials to the machine centers for use within the manufacturing process during the afternoon shift.
Job Responsibilities The successful candidate will be responsible for the following
- Pick orders to be run per machines;
- Locate bales for production;
- Take-off finished products from machines;
- Move raw materials into assembly areas and organizing stock in the warehouse;
- Verify that the board matches order specifications;
- Assist with the loading of trucks, the verification and final inspection of orders;
- Wrapping and strapping loads;
- Other tasks and duties as specified by the Supervisor.
- Valid tow motor/lift truck Certification and ability to display safe and proficient operation;
- Minimum three years experience in manufacturing environment with preference given to Corrugated/Packaging industry experience;
- Strong understanding of Health & Safety Rules and Regulations;
- Ability to prioritize many tasks and execute results, which will promote customer satisfaction;
- Ability to deal with conflict, stress and time constraints in an efficient, professional, courteous manner;
- Good communication and organized person;
- Understanding of ISO.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women .