- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. provides its customers, who conduct life-saving medical procedures for patients around the world, the benefit of decades of experience in the development, manufacturing, packaging and delivery of medical isotopes and radiopharmaceuticals. Headquartered in Kanata, Ontario, BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. employs over 150 highly-skilled people in Kanata and Vancouver, British Columbia. BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. is part of the BWXT nuclear power segment (NPG) of BWX Technologies, Inc.
Mechanical Engineer (24 month term)
We are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer (24 month term) for our facility in Kanata, Ontario.
Working within the Engineering team, you will:
- Assist in troubleshooting, process optimization and continuous improvements across manufacturing operations in Kanata.
- Independently conduct and modify current practices and procedures to reflect business needs.
- Assist multi-disciple teams
- Conduct various tests on equipment as needed
- Prepare appropriate documentation for assigned projects
- Plan and execute activities to ensure project goals are met.
- Conduct commissioning of new processes, products, equipment and facilities.
- Provide technical advice as directed and prepare, verify and confirm specialized calculations as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical).
- 5+ years of specifically related experience.
- Experience with Current Good Manufacturing Practices, including IQ/OQ/PQ, Validation Development, and CAPA resolution.
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical systems, facility equipment and tool design, PLC's and related computer systems would be an asset.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver results and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and workload prioritizing skills.
BWXT ITG Canada Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.
- ms project