- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- OWEN SOUND CA
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
Looking for an interesting job where you can make a difference? Look no further. LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is a proud Canadian company with over 50 years experience. We provide laboratory testing services that help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Lab Assistant to join our team in Owen Sound.
As a Lab Assistant you will play a key role in the testing and diagnostic process for a wide range of patients. This is a Part Time role with morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shift options to support work/life balance. LifeLabs also provides first aid training, continuing education opportunities, and excellent opportunities for career growth and advancement.
In this role you will:
- Unpack and sort a wide variety of incoming specimens received from sources including physicians, clinics, hospitals, and mobile LifeLabs technicians.
- Confirm the accuracy of all patient information on requisitions and specimen samples, resolve any problems or inaccuracies prior to testing, and perform required data entry.
- Prepare and sort specimens for technical analysis.
- Train and orient new team members.
- Perform weekly and monthly maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Conduct all work in full compliance with all laboratory safety and security policies and regulations.
The right person for this role is an organized and detail-oriented individual with good problem solving and customer service skills. Some key qualities include: flexibility, accountability, and attention to detail. Other requirements include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on a variety of tasks throughout the day.
- Data entry and computer skills.
- Prior experience in laboratory operations or medical terminology an asset.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Caring, Customer Driven, Agile and One Team, and can live these values with us every day.
Grow your career with LifeLabs. Apply today.
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA - Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.