- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MISSISSAUGA/TORONTO WEST CA
The National Account Manager is responsible to provide strategic leadership in managing their assigned brands at Toys R Us for successful delivery of business results through account planning and execution. This role also contributes to setting plans and strategies in compliance with Hasbro customer strategies and business guidelines. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for managing Hasbro Canada’s closeout operations on a national basis.
Client - Toys R Us
- Achieve targeted sales objectives for revenue and profitability consistent with the annual business plan.
- Analyze business opportunities and develop, negotiate and implement sales plans for assigned account to meet quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Position Hasbro as category leaders by enhancing our distribution, shelf position, display activity and promotional mix, communicating sales strategies, company initiatives, sales campaigns and promotions to ensure sales and brand objectives are achieved. Actively participates in meetings and implementation (i.e. Planograms, pallet, exclusives, etc).
- Continuously review sales and trade marketing performance, and customer satisfaction to ensure achievement of performance objectives.
- Identify and manage customers’ current and future requirements.
- Attend marketing and sales reviews in preparation for customer presentations with respect to new product line and availability.
- Plan and conduct business review meetings with customer to ensure customer is kept current on product line, features, and brand strategy.
- Identify business opportunities for program expansion, and work with cross functional teams to develop unique and profitable product offerings.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports and other information as needed.
- Responsible for accurate forecasting, business planning, administrative issues (i.e. established internal reporting tools), post promotional and program evaluation, seasonality and trending analysis and cost of business budget management.
- Coordinate internal efforts with Marketing, Sales Planning, etc.,
- Keep current on customer/competitor situations and generate plan to ensure market share objectives are achieved.
- Provide retail merchandising team with timely direction and material to properly execute programs at retail level.
- Explore potential for long-term opportunity, influencing product development and in-store POP.
- Ensure that promotional plans & marketing initiatives are fully understood and implemented at all levels to give the optimum level of impact within the channel.
- Plan, manage and monitor customer investment funds within account portfolio.
- Seek opportunities to constantly build relationships with buyers/ directors/ others within own channel and others where necessary.
- Champion performance management and provides coaching/mentoring to Sales Analysts in order to achieve sales targets and ensure career growth within Hasbro.
- Build solid multi-level business relationship with key decision-makers and implementers of programs at account.
- Achieve targeted closeout sales objectives for revenue and profitability consistent with the quarterly and annual budget.
- Oversee all operations pertaining to the selling of Canadian closeouts working with all accounts in effort to maximize returns.
- Collaborate with the Sales organization to allocate closeout assets to deliver optimum returns while addressing retailers’ specific needs and requirements.
- Formulate and present monthly closeout opportunities to Canada’s Discount Channel retailers. Negotiate pricing in effort to maximize returns.
- Formulate and present monthly closeout opportunities (inventory remaining after major and discount retailers have made selections) to closeout channel retailers. Negotiate pricing in effort to maximize returns.
- University degree or college diploma – preferably in business administration
- Minimum 5 – 7 years in sales, including 2+ years in both direct selling and key account management within the consumer package industry
- Prior experience in multiple channel types (i.e. grocery, mass merchandiser)
- Ability to analyze data and sales information to effectively deliver on sales strategy
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint -- prior exposure to retail reporting software packages are an asset
- Ability to create, communicate, negotiate and deliver sales strategy in a professional and effective manner
- Highly developed influencing and negotiating skills to achieve results (both internally and externally)
- Clear, persuasive communicator (written and verbal) including active listening ability, fact-based selling and presentation skills
- Skilled at prioritization and time management