- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 36786
Position Number: 20032323
Posting End Date: December 10, 2019
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department/Unit: PY2 Psychealth GTU
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 12/09/2019
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $ 18.265, $ 18.813, $ 19.377, $ 19.958, $ 20.557, $ 21.174
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Position Overview Working as part of a multidisciplinary team under the supervision of the Manager of Patient Care or Nurse in Charge, the incumbent:
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks and acts as a communication link for the unit.
- Performs a variety of tasks for the care and comfort of patients as well as routine domestic tasks to maintain the cleanliness of the area (approximately 10-90% dependent on unit, occupancy and shift).
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program or equivalent (both the Health Care Aide and Unit Clerk programs) required.
- Medical terminology (75% pass mark) required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Information and/or training will be provided within the probation period for the following:
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions).
- Regional, site and unit policies and procedures.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Basic keyboarding skills required.
- Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written).
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- General administrative and secretarial skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to duties of the position.
- Ability to operate information technology equipment as required, eg fax, photocopier, computer, etc.
- Must be able to function effectively in a stressful environment with frequent interruptions.
- Position may involve physical activity such as lifting, transferring and transporting patients and equipment.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- scientists and researchers