- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers' expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Operator 2, Bakery (Major Relief)
- Production Supervisor and Leadhand
To provide relief for the packaging end positions in Building 5; including boxers, major machine operator, machine general labour, and leadhand. To provide regular housekeeping of the departmenting, this includes taking u-packs and recycle bins.
Ensuring food quality along with standard productivity
- Arrive at work station on time and ensure line starts on time
- Provide relief for the Front End positions in Building 5; including team.
- Must perform duties as assigned by Leadhand or Supervisor
- Adhere to all applicable job procedures as outlined in SOP manual
- Adhere to GMPs and Health and Safety rules as outlined in employee handbook
- Keep work area clean and clear of hazards
- Report any unsafe conditions, incidents or injuries to supervisor immediately
- Use all prescribed personal protective equipment
- Ensure GMP's and safe food handling practices are being followed
- All tools to be cleaned and maintained in good repair. Report any broken, damaged, or missing tools to your supervisor. Do not discard any damaged or broken tools
- Follow all GMPs including maintaining personal hygiene, handwashing/sanitizing hands, clean up spills (ie: ingredients, water, debris and wood)
- Report any foreign material findings to your supervisor
- As part of food security, report any unusual people or behaviours to your supervisor
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job, including bending, walking, standing, and the ability to lift amounts of weight above shoulders
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility around shift work is required with availability for overtime hours as needed
- GMP and safety awareness
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- High school diploma or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of work in the bakery requires employees to stand on their feet for the entire 8-12 hour shift
- Physical demands may also include reaching, bending, walking, lifting (up to a maxiumum of 50lbs) and performing repetitive actions
- Please refer to the PDA for all physical requirements of this position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- ARYZTA is a 24 hour/7 day manufacturing operation
- The temperature of the environment within the production area can range from 58 - 80 degrees farenheight depending on the department
- The production areas are often loud, exceeding 85 decibels, due to the machinery that is running; earplugs are required to be worn while in the bakery at all times
- Depending on postion, some employees may be exposed to dust; dust masks and respirators are available if required
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.
- safety and security