- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Logistics done differently.
Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune and one of America's best employers by Forbes. At XPO, you won't just be driving equipment and moving material, you'll be building a bright future. As the Operator, PIT, you'll have an important role on our team, helping us provide sophisticated supply chain solutions for our customers. Become a part of our dynamic team and we ll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including extended health benefits (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Operate powered industrial lift truck (forklift) and order picker to push, pull, lift, stack or move product, equipment and materials
- Use a handheld scanner with a high level of accuracy
- Load and unload trailers as required
- Adhere to the 7S program and maintain a clean environment at all times
- Demonstrate a commitment to process excellence
- Perform inbound receiving process
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you ll need:
- To be trained and certified in the safe operation of powered industrial lift trucks
It d be great if you also have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of warehouse experience
- A positive attitude and the willingness to work well in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift and move items of various sizes and shapes that weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Sit or stand for long periods of time
- Work in a warehouse environment that is not climate controlled and may be hot or cold
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.