- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 60984
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Store
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia (CA-BC)
Location: Thrifty Foods- 9450 (Fairfield)
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Overview The Front End Supervisor is responsible to ensure a superior customer service experience by coaching, and developing friendly, well trained staff. The Supervisor will supervise the department and staff and act as the go to person in the absence of the Department Manager and Assistant. The Supervisor will foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Keep work area clean and presentable at all times
- Remain current with weekly and in-store specials
- Ensure accurate labeling of products through adherence to company pricing strategies
- Foster a shopping experience that engages customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales and profit
- Run, monitor and analyze sales data reports
- Monitor and ensure compliance with SOP, OH&S, food safety and other corporate initiatives
- Monitor execution of company inventory control procedures
- Lead department in accordance with company presentation standards
- Act as the departmental "go-to" person in charge of department, when required
- Recruit, train, develop, motivate and coach employees, and provide regular feedback to support the department leadership team
- Schedule and monitor breaks, back-ups, and other departmental activities
- Participate in the final inventory calculations
- Follow store lock-up procedures, when required
- Other duties as required
- Full knowledge of department operations and skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 12 months experience
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.