- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 36795
Position Number: 20008648
Posting End Date: December 10, 2019
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department/Unit: Patient Equipment Transport
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: 01/06/2020
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: Varies
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $ 17.433, $ 17.956, $ 18.494, $ 19.049, $ 19.621, $ 20.209
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Position Overview Reporting to the Manager, Patient Equipment and Transport Depot and with the guidance of professional staff on the patient units/departments, the incumbent is responsible for the safe transportation of patients (oxygen, tubing, etc.) and other patient related items required urgently for patient care (eg narcotics, supplies, blood products, specimens, medical records and equipment) within the Centre. Cleans equipment as directed. Transports the deceased to the morgue and oversees the release of the bodies to funeral homes. Assists in the lifting, turning and transferring of patients on the patient care units, in preparation for transport. Maintains oxygen therapy and seeks direction from professional patient care staff as needed.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Must successfully complete on the job Cushman Cart Training within three months and lifts and transfers training within one month.
- Family and Friends CPR training preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must have good interpersonal and English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to communicate in an effective manner with all levels of staff.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting requests for service required.
- Good physical and mental health and manual dexterity required. Constant walking (11-15 kms per shift) required.
- Lifting, turning and transferring of patients (some in excess of 270 kgs) required.
- Considerable bending, pushing, pulling and lifting required in the transport of equipment (10-270 kgs) within the Centre.
- Must be able to adjust to unforeseen circumstances and/or stressful situations.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases and occasional adverse weather conditions.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.