- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 35264
Position Number: 20002883
Posting End Date: November 15, 2019
Site: WRHA Corporate
Work Location: HSC Inpatients and other WRHA pharmacy as required
Department/Unit: Pharm Assistants/Technicians Grp 3 - HSC
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: MAHCP-PHARM HSC
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: ASAP - 09/07/2020
Reason for Term: Maternity Leave
Anticipated Shift: Evenings
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $21.290, $21.930, $22.588, $23.266, $23.965, $24.685
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Position Overview Reporting to the Drug Distribution Manager and under the general direction of a Pharmacist, the incumbent is responsible for the procurement, storage, inventory management, recording, manufacturing, compounding, dispensing, packaging, labeling, pricing, issuing and distribution of pharmaceuticals in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Department.
- One year experience as a Pharmacy Assistant or Pharmacy Technician in a hospital setting is preferred.
- Complete Grade 12 education, Manitoba standards required.
- Graduate of a recognized Pharmacy Technician Program required.
- Training in intravenous admixture procedures preferred.
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate from a recognized Pharmacy Technician Program.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge and training of Automated Dispensing Cabinet Distribution processes preferred.
- Knowledge of information systems technology and software preferred.
- Knowledge of current pharmacy computer systems and software preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology essential.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including fluency in the English language.
- Demonstrated competency in pharmaceutical calculations.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
- High degree of fine motor hand dexterity.
- Ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with other individuals.
- Supports the Philosophy/Mission/Goals and Objectives of the WRHA Pharmacy Program and the sites it services and is discreet.
- Maintains confidentiality in all hospital/patient/resident related matters is maintained.
- Good physical and mental health to meet the position demands. Standing, lifting and repetitive motion.
- May be required to travel to other sites.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.