- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- PETERBOROUGH CA
At BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. we are committed to excellence in every business initiative. BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada (BWXT NEC) has achieved an enviable international reputation for excellence in the supply of nuclear fuel and fuel handling systems and service for CANDU reactors in both domestic and international markets. Our success is the result of our commitment to our employees, customers, quality & EHS initiatives.
Piping Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Piping Design Engineer for our facility in Peterborough, ON.
BWXT is a place where you can develop and share your talents. Our presence, innovation and financial strength help to make BWXT a dynamic place to work, giving you the advantage of our strong Nuclear presence, where individual voices are heard.
The Peterborough community invites you to take a deep breath, relax and enjoy life. We have an abundance of recreational opportunities, festivals, and entertainment that is fueled by culture, nature and homegrown culinary experiences. Friendly people, inspiring landscapes and incredible lakes are waiting for you in the heart of cottage country. The region is home to 140,000 people (approx. 83,000 in the City of Peterborough) in addition to the charming towns, townships and villages that make up the County. We offer the best of all worlds here and we'd like you to get to know us a bit better. http://peterboroughed.ca/why-peterborough/live/
At BWXT NEC, you will work on technically challenging projects as a member of the Fuel Handling and Engineering Solutions, Pressure Boundary and Analysis Engineering team. You will be responsible for the design of mechanical equipment and systems for CANDU reactors. Projects will involve you in the design, development and test of mechanical equipment for automated and semi-automated fuelling machines, robotic systems, and maintenance tooling for CANDU reactors and related systems. There is also opportunity to work on site assignment at one of the nuclear power plants in Ontario.
- Provide execution of design and analysis of complex CANDU piping systems from concept to issue of final engineering documents.
- Perform piping stress analysis calculations, overpressure protection calculations and reports, pipe support load capacity data sheets, etc. Traditional methods of the analysis as well as the use of associated software packages would be included.
- Maintain knowledge of stress analysis techniques and applications and provide consultation to design engineers as required.
- Preparation or approval of design documentation, design reports, analysis reports, technical specifications, applicable codes and standards, development and test plans, and engineering quotations requests. Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers as required.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks is consistent with engineering policies and applicable standards.
- Adhere to on-time/on-budget criteria associated with project commitments and customer success.
- Bachelor or Masters of engineering degree in Mechanical with specialization in piping system design and analysis techniques. Finite element analysis experience of piping systems or pipe support structures is required using one or more of the following software platforms: AutoPIPE, Caesar II, DST PEPS or ANSYS Workbench.
- Professional Engineer registered with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO).
- Knowledge in the application of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (Section III and VIII), ASME B31.1, B31.3, CSA N285.0, CSA B51.
- Experience with creation of nuclear piping system design specifications and design reports in accordance with ASME NCA-3250 and NB/NC/ND-3600 respectively.
- Experience with creation of nuclear piping overpressure protection reports in accordance with ASME NB/NC/ND-7000.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the practice of engineering and piping system design or analysis.
- Strong preference given to experience related to CANDU nuclear heavy water systems or safety systems: Primary Heat Transport, Moderator Auxiliary Systems, Fuelling Machine Auxiliaries, Purification, Leak Collection, Shutdown and Maintenance Cooling, ECI, etc.
- Consideration given to experience related conventional CANDU light water systems: LP Service Water, HP Service Water, etc.
- Knowledge of the regulatory and jurisdictional processes for pressure boundary items (TSSA, CNSC).
- Competence in mechanical equipment design and design processes.
- Creative problem-solving skills, outstanding analytical abilities, demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Flexibility to work remotely on short-term customer site assignment.
- Knowledge of machine design for oil & gas, mining or power generation industries.
- Experience in project management, P6 schedule creation, or project estimating.
BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.
- ms project