- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada is looking to hire a Planner for its Vancouver office.
Reporting to the Construction Director, the Planner shall operate as an integral member of the Project Bid Team. He/she shall be responsible for bid project planning and scheduling functions as well as the analysis of resource loading, functional integration, forecast and trend analysis on major design and construct projects. Shall be responsible for the development and maintenance of the project master schedules while supervising and developing assigned department technical and clerical personnel. Shall supervise outside consultants, assign work, organize and direct the timely completion of complex project planning reports, claims support as well as other oral or written materials, for dissemination to project management team and others as required. Coordinate activities with all packages, other divisions/departments and report/review with the Construction Director and other members of the project management team as necessary.
• Plan, coordinate, develop and maintain master schedules for the bid phase.
• Operate as an integral member of the Bid Team with complete responsibility for project planning, resource analysis, and functional integration, forecast and trend analysis.
• Provide expert program/project schedule analysis and fact finding such as critiquing claims and delays.
• Perform critical path analysis, events chronology and recommend corrective measures.
• Work closely with project management team to prepare and defend claims.
• Demonstrate and defend delays occurring as a result of disruption/loss of efficiency.
• Interfacing on a daily basis with project team, sub-contractors, designers and project management team.
• Reviewing for compliance all reports prepared by the sub-consultants/contractors.
• Perform risk assessment and provide value engineering input.
• Perform and report on Schedule and Cost performance indexing, SPI & CPI
• Develop the Work Breakdown Structure.
• Develop Project Milestone and Progress tracking baselines.
• Develop network logistical support for integrated schedules.
• Maintain strict adherence to project management and corporate procedures.
• Perform analysis of schedule data so as to communicate trends, issues, and areas requiring attention to the project team.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports, including schedule forecast updates.
• Supervise and develop department staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• In-depth knowledge of P3 civil (roads and tunnels) and buildings construction process.
• In-depth knowledge of project management/scheduling software Primavera.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Able to work in a fast paced, highly complex environment.
• Able to multitask and work on several projects at the same time.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must have strong project management and construction background and proven technical writing abilities.
• Must have experience in Schedule Impact Analysis methods for complex Change Orders and Claims.
• The successful candidate will possess an engineering degree in a relevant discipline.
• Will have proven experience in planning management of major infrastructure projects.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with at least 5 year experience in each of the following areas:
o Experience with a major international infrastructure contractor executing projects valued at over $100M.
o Design Build experience in a P3 environment.
o Experience in working in multi-national joint venture environment.
ACCIONA is a global company with a business model based on sustainability. Its aim is to respond to society’s main needs through the provision of renewable energy, infrastructure, water and services.
About the company
ACCIONA es una empresa global con un modelo de negocio basado en la sostenibilidad que trata de dar respuesta a las principales necesidades de la sociedad proporcionando energía renovable, infraestructuras, agua y servicios.
Con presencia en más de 40 países, desarrolla su actividad empresarial bajo el compromiso de contribuir al desarrollo económico y social de las comunidades en las que opera.
La estrategia de sostenibilidad en ACCIONA se instrumentaliza a través del Plan Director de Sostenibilidad, una hoja de ruta que integra todas las iniciativas de la compañíaen este campo. El objetivo de ACCIONA es liderar la transición hacia una economía baja en carbono, para lo que pone al servicio de todos sus proyectos criterios de calidad y procesos de innovación destinados a optimizar el uso eficiente de los recursos y el respeto al entorno. La compañía es neutra en carbono desde 2016, compensando todas las emisiones de CO2 generadas que no pudo reducir.