- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 69885
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Please note this is a 12- month temporary contract position
Provide Inforce Support to Insurance Consultant Teams by:
- Facilitating service requests/changes to in-force policies including helping advisors with applicable forms and process (i.e. Title, Banking, Fund Allocation, Death Claim, Address, Duplicate policy, etc)
- Resolving any administrative problems on in-force business;
- Disseminate any communication from insurers to advisors and Insurance Consultants e.g. urgent notices and regular statements.
- Responds to policy inquiries from advisors and MA/ICs/BDA
- Update Ageman records on any policy changes as required.
- Receive and forward on to insurers all service documentation when required and premium payments.
Administer Investment Policies by:
- Setting up of advisor codes with the carriers.
- Administer non-ATON transfers as required.
- Distribute maturity notifications to advisors.
- Work with Mutual Fund Operations in the handling of death claims for segregated funds.
- Distribute semi-annual and annual segregated fund statements.
- Respond to fund company regarding unknown codes.
Agent of Record (AOR) forms by:
- Order rep codes from insurance companies as requested.
- Review and send all AOR (Agent of Record) request forms for life and investments to the insurance/fund company for recording.
- Provide the new advisor with a policy summary as confirmation of the transfer.
- Create new record on Ageman.
- Coordinate and follow-up with other bank-owned firms to facilitate transfer of commissionable interest as applicable.
- Administer terminated advisor/Insurance Consultant and re-code to other advisors on Ageman.
- Notify the insurance companies of the termination.
- Provide the Branch Manager with a list of orphaned clients needing re-assignment to another licensed advisor and conduct the necessary follow-ups until obtained.
- Update client and policy records on Ageman with the name of the replacement advisor/ Insurance Consultant.
- Send notifications of the new advisor/s and/or Insurance Consultant to the insurance companies including changes to commission splits so that they can adjust their records.
- Update Ageman of new advisor codes for future renewals.
- Handle other projects as assigned (i.e. client merge, contract merge, etc.)
Contribute to the effective functioning of the Insurance Operations team by:
- Participating actively in team learning development activities and team performance achievements.
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
- Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
- Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
- Actively share knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience in insurance industry;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability for problem solving, customer service and organization skills;
- Ability to recognize and handle sensitive and confidential information;
- Willingness to be educated on life insurance products; ;
- Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking to handle sensitive materials and the pressure of last minute deadlines/requests
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and responsibility for their completion;
- High tolerance for, and adaptable to change
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism at all times (with clients and advisors).
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- customer service
About the company
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and Asia-Pacific. We are dedicated to helping our 23 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. With a team of more than 88,000 employees and assets of $896 billion (as at July 31, 2016).
Scotiabank es el banco internacional de Canadá y un destacado proveedor de servicios financieros en Norteamérica, América Latina, el Caribe y Centroamérica, y Asia-Pacífico. Estamos comprometidos en ayudar a mejorar la situación de nuestros 23 millones de clientes a través de una completa gama de asesoría, productos y servicios en los sectores de banca personal y comercial, gestión patrimonial, y banca privada, corporativa y de inversión, y mercados de capital. Con un equipo de más de 88,000 empleados y con $ 896,000 millones en activos (al 31 de julio de 2016).
La Banque Scotia est la banque internationale du Canada et un leader parmi les fournisseurs de services financiers en Amérique du Nord, en Amérique latine, dans les Antilles, en Amérique centrale et en Asie-Pacifique. Elle s’est donné pour mission d’aider ses 23 millions de clients à améliorer leur situation au moyen de conseils et d’une vaste gamme de produits et de services, dont des services bancaires aux particuliers, aux entreprises et aux sociétés, des services bancaires privés, d’investissement et de gestion de patrimoine ainsi que des services liés aux marchés des capitaux. Au 31 juillet 2016, l’effectif de la Banque Scotia s’élevait à plus de 88 000 employés et son actif à 896 milliards de dollars.